• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sad Sad News!!!

angelpie

I just got some bad news, my wonderful Nan, who brought me up, is dying.
the nursing home that she is in, told my mum, it could be a hour, day or week.
My mum didnt want to tell me because of my op on Wed.
I am so upset, I dont know if I should cancel op because of getting to her funeral 7hrs away. My head is all over the place!!.
Especially after my cancellation 11 days ago.
This will be a real challenge to deal with my emotions without food and drink.
I just dont know what to do?. I love her so much. lol xx

big big hugs hun xxxx

hun im so sorry ur going through this, i lost my nan 3 years ago and its so hard to deal with especially when ur very close, i just wanna say my thoughts are with u during this hard time.

big hug for you xxxxxxxxxxx

awwww you poor poor thing hun I am so so sorry to hear this sad news. I remember when my nan passed away I was devestated. I am sure your nan would not want you to cancell your operation as she will want you to have a better quality of life. Hope you are ok and that things don't get you down to much xxxxxx

Awww you must be in such a dilemma at this hard time hun:(:(My Nan died nearly 12 years ago and it still hurts:(
I hope you come to a decision that's right for you xxx:eek:

Sorry to hear this.
What would yr nan say to you. I know what mine would of said to me.
Thinking of you take care
carole

Hi Karen,

So sorry to hear this.

But keep one thing in mind, your nan loved you very much and she would want to see you happy and healthy, if she could tell you, she would want you to carry on and give yourself the very best chance to live to a good old age like herself.

Please do not cancel the operation.

Your love for each other is in your hearts. She knows you love her and you know she loves you. Your gift to her will be that you choose to live on healthy and happy.

have a big hug from me xxx take care hun xxx

Karen such sad sad news.

I like the others wonder if your nan worried about YOU because of the implications being overweight had for you? If your nan was next to you now, what would she say?

I'm sure that if the worse happens and you're not fit to travel you can go and pay your respects at a later time when you're fit. Maybe show your nan the new you she will be very proud and happy for?

Love coming your way, i hope you get the answer you need xxx

Oh Karen, thats such sad news. I'm so sorry.

Big hugs to you. What do you think your nan would have wanted you to do about the operation?

I can only say what others have, thoughts are with you and yours at this tough time. I'll send lots of healing your way. I too would think carefully as I know my nan would have been the first to slap me if I cancelled due to her. I know its difficult to think at the moment but like you said it could be weeks and you would be ok to travel. I've talked long and hard to my mum and we have discussed things just in case things go wrong, she also wants me to carry on with anything happened to her as her health isnt to great at the minute. If this had happened next week then there would be no choice. Listen to your heart and if it doesnt feel right then dont do it. I can hear my nan even now 20+ years on saying come on our Ali lose some weight your'll feel so much better so finally I will be doing and see not here to see but know she'll be looking down saying about blumming time.

Big hugs

Ali xx

Hi if your nan is anything like mine was I know what she'd say,don't be such a daft so and so your health is more important. But you have to do what is right for you. I am always here if you need to chat, it sometimes helps to get sort your head out. Sending you loads of hugs and things will work out for the best - they normally do x x x

Hi Karen
So sorry to hear this hun, big hugs to you and your family.

Karen sweetheart your Nan is still here with you. Make the most of the time left.Your health and most likely your life is depending on this op and I'm sure your Nan would be behind you all the way. Please don't cancel as you have waited a long time to get this far.Enjoy each moment spent with her before you go for your op and make the most of your new life as your Nan would want that for you. Big hugs to you and your family at this very sad timexxxxx

Hi Karen,

My thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time.:hug99:

Back