• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

the hospital group, would or wouldn't

IlonaJ

Can i ask who has had as band at 'the hospital group' in birmingham with Mr Sigurdsson (if i have spelt that correct)
What was your experiance and would you recomend them?

Hi Ilona,

I had my gastric band fitted by Mr Super with THG. Done know anything about your surgeon but I certainly have no complaints at all. Everything has gone well all the way along the line. Aftercare excellent.

Had mine done at same place not by your doc but by mr Richardson . Everything went ok and was treated well. Been unwell a lot since but due to otherhealth probs. Only had first fill 2weeks ago but not totally happy as I can still eat a fair amount.
Good luck Jill

Hi,

I initially booked with THG and was going to go with Mr Sigursson - he gave me my first ever band consultation. He is a very competant surgeon from what I could tell (he doesn't live far from me either so I could bop him on the nose if it went wrong - joke!). I opted to use Surgicare as my provider; I really wanted him to operate on me, unfortunately he didn't work for Surgicare at the time instead I had Mr. Khan whom I am sublimely happy with.

see: http://www.wlsurgery.com/wlsurgery/125754-questions-surgeon-during-consultation.html

and (don't worry about the thread title): http://www.wlsurgery.com/wlsurgery/125709-cancelled-my-op-hospital-group.html

I've booked with Mr Super at the hospital group. I felt as though he is the one with the most experience. Mr Sigurdsson is supposed to be very nice, he did Tina Malone's band so I've read on the internet. I've had the initial consultation and booked in for 12th Oct. All good so far.

I had Mr Sigurddson do my band at THG 18 months ago, I didn't have any aftercare paid for so can't complain about that but have hadno probs with my band at all and he seemed very nice- efficient etc...

I had Mr Sigurddson do my band at THG 18 months ago, I didn't have any aftercare paid for so can't complain about that but have hadno probs with my band at all and he seemed very nice- efficient etc...

hope you dont mind me asking, but if you didnt pay for any aftercare, doesnt that include any refills? or have you paid separately for those?
thanks

Back