• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Hospital Group

I was going to go with Spire ... but found them expensive for exactly the same after care, exactly the same hospital and same surgeon. So went with Surgicare x :D

Fast tabs are calcium carbonate base tablets which are given to WLS patients to counter acid production in the stomach following surgery. They usually give you a months supply, some people here are on them for life. I had 1 months supply I think (can't remember). Mine were orange flavoured, some have lemon flavour.
I wasn't given any 'fast tabs', what are they for? I was told to buy some multi vitamins and some calcium tabs, which I got from boots. Am I missing out on something which is important to me?

I wasn't given any 'fast tabs', what are they for? I was told to buy some multi vitamins and some calcium tabs, which I got from boots. Am I missing out on something which is important to me?

quite a few people here, me included had fast tabs.

Fast tabs are calcium carbonate base tablets which are given to WLS patients to counter acid production in the stomach following surgery. They usually give you a months supply, some people here are on them for life. I had 1 months supply I think (can't remember). Mine were orange flavoured, some have lemon flavour.

Read above for info on fast tabs

I had GB surgery 6 weeks ago, and to be honest I do feel a little lost with the aftercare! I thought it was just me maybe expecting too much, but it's a lot of money to pay so I thought I would receive tip top service!!! Just had my first band fill, and as long as things are ok and it works it doesnt matter I suppose!!! I had mr Li and he was good I think, nurses not too good I was bleeding quite bad from the tube they remove from your hand and was just left!! But all in all I don't regret it, and I think if you look into something too much you will drive yourself crazy and you will always find bad points!! :)

I had GB surgery 6 weeks ago, and to be honest I do feel a little lost with the aftercare! I thought it was just me maybe expecting too much, but it's a lot of money to pay so I thought I would receive tip top service!!! Just had my first band fill, and as long as things are ok and it works it doesnt matter I suppose!!! I had mr Li and he was good I think, nurses not too good I was bleeding quite bad from the tube they remove from your hand and was just left!! But all in all I don't regret it, and I think if you look into something too much you will drive yourself crazy and you will always find bad points!! :)

Even though I went private I expected better service too. I think I imagined the hopsital would look like an American one (they're nice!) and the nurses would be a little more attentive. My nurses were fine until the night nurse came on shift who was just 'ok'.
I do think these companies have huge mark-ups on the actual cost of the surgery, especially if 1) they're on their own premises i.e. Dolan Park (so no need for theatre and bed hire) and/or lots of people are being banded on the day.
My surgeon is the man who impressed me most, lovely guy who would take my anxious calls to him at 11 at night to reassure me that the band was good enough and not to worry etc. He also looked after me when I went back into hospital courtesy of his bariatric team (NHS - for a change :)).

All we can do is keep looking forward and garner support from elsewhere - this forum is excellent for that.

:)

i went with healthier weight....slightly more pricey as was single incision....had it in london and was really put off as was mega snobby till i was taken upstairs to the hospital bit. Mr Patel was very sweet and explained everything properly and the anastethic guy (sexy Fraiser) was good. did feel like u went private...good level of care. nurses were fab as well.

NOT GIVEN any fast tabs though! hmmm....am suffering with kidney probs now ....bariatric nurse told me to see GP.

i went with healthier weight....slightly more pricey as was single incision....had it in london and was really put off as was mega snobby till i was taken upstairs to the hospital bit. Mr Patel was very sweet and explained everything properly and the anastethic guy (sexy Fraiser) was good. did feel like u went private...good level of care. nurses were fab as well.

NOT GIVEN any fast tabs though! hmmm....am suffering with kidney probs now ....bariatric nurse told me to see GP.

Please see the doctor on an emergency appointment please! x

Please see the doctor on an emergency appointment please! x

will ask provider tomorrow!! thanks.... mum has calcium tabs...nicked one today... fruit flavoure...yummmm!!

Back