• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

would a water thread help anyone?

cherry

we all know how good and important it is to drink our water but im wondering if we did a thread so we could compare and see what each other is drinking if that would help?.. so so far today ive had

~ 2 glass of water ( just normal size glass's)

rememeber the more you pee the more 'badness' your flushing out, and think of your skin to xxx

We did have a thread about the benefits of drinking water... some weeks ago... maybe we should flag up again how much water we should have and I think it's a great idea Kell.

Mainly because most of us don't drink enough water and it does give your system a 'flush'... I've started using a pint glass and have that filled through the day...

I try to drink two daily, but I'm always thirsty being diabetic...

I'm thinking around two pints a day is alright?

It's an excellent thing to remind us of the importance of water at the start of a new year and we do often take it forgranted.

Thank you precious xxx

its 4 babe! haha so much hey, so ideally its 8 1/2 pint glass's a day xx

Thank you love, that's one heck of a lot of liquid... but it has to help... and makes you feel fuller... I'm also on water tablets... so it's not as straight forward for me... but I'm doing my very best... it's really up to us isn't it...

Love and hugs xxx

Hi lady's I drink around three litres a day I used to drink more pre op ! but can't get it in , i love water and I'm always thirsty one of the things I miss is downing a pint of cold water , just take sips now , if I don't drink enough I feel it the next day xx

Water really makes a difference, especially if you eat food that has sodium in it. Sodium can make your weight 'go up' the day after you eat it and the water really helps to flush it out.

I've always been one for lots of water and I now aim for at least 3 litres each day. I use a litre sports cap bottle which helps me keep track.

In the land of weight loss, water is king! x

Last edited:
It's such a natural resource and good for the skin and body in general... a very important part of our lives... and so good for the kidneys....

I'll be drinking more water in 2011 for sure!

Love and hugs xxx

Interestingly enough I have always drunk loads of water as it makes you feel full ha ha, been having about 2 to 3 litres daily. Since involved in wls I have actually tried to cut down as I cannot at the moment not drink and eat at the same time so I am working towards that. I now drink abot 1.5 litres per day and feel far more full with no hunger pangs. Maybe I was drinking too much, it may be a personal thing and drinking too much water is not necessarily that good for you?
Anyway, still having the difficulty of eating and drinking but hope to conquer it by time of op.

I am terrible with my water intake, I try to increase it but find it so difficult. I have around 5 large mugs of coffee a day, but very weak coffee so its not too bad. My dietician said I can count these towards my water but should drink more water too. Thats one of my resolutions, to improve my water intake :D XX

Fat can only be metabolised in a fluid medium so unless you are properly hydrated you will not maximise your weight loss, so get in as much water as you can each day. Also the more you drink the less your body retains so it helps to get rid of the bloat too ladies

I drink three litres a day Volvic hint of lemon SF and to bulk up my calories I add a little fresh orange juice, though early out you should avoid citrus fruit juices.

I hate water but putting it in a sippy bottle helps me to drink it, I guess its a guy thing anything with a nipple and I have to keep it in my mouth LOL is that too rude for here? hope not

Haha.. Karl...

It's a great motivator to hear of other's ideas and it's certainly an underestimated resource by many....

We can't survive without it and I like a glass of water with a slice of lemon or lime.... anything to 'spice' it up in a natural way and I couldn't agree more that we should be all mindful of our needs and water intake.

Love and hugs xxx

I try to drink at least 2 litres and more if gyming it. They say 2 litres should be the minimum and more the heavier you are don't know the science behind it though

I am really bad at drinking and can go a whole day without having one :eek::eek:

I am slowly building up to drinking my 4L a day with very weak NAS squash then when I start my diet I will switch to plain water.

Heres hoping I can stick to it! lol x

i dont drink enough thats for sure, this year i wanna drink much more :eek:)

Reactions: Bev
I probably have around 3 pints a day, so not enough.

Will make a huge effort to drink more, as I actually like cold tap water, so should not be too hard.

Great thread by the way

I am terrible. I used to drink loads before the op but find it hard to manage any now.

I do drink about 6 cups of tea a day and 1 large glass of fresh orange. One of my new years resolutions is to up my water intake.

Back