• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Last Supper

AA1234

The night/ day before you start/ started your pre op diet. Do you think too much about it and have some kind of special meal?

I was thinking about what I am going to miss most in the weeks after my op and whether to have some kind of special meal as a kind of celebration of my journey ahead.

What have other people done the day before pre op diet starts?

I think it's becoming a bit of a WLS 'tradition'! I should have liked a meal out with some Minis chums and family but alas, my op date got sprung on me and I had no time. So mine was a hastily bought fish 'n' chip supper, half of which was scarfed by by 16 year old!

I know some who have and are arranging meals out.

Still sounds nice tho ey, Fish & Chips lol

I was invited to a birthday party/dinner bash so i had a 3 course meal, it was amazing.

Hey i'm impressed, i'm talking about food and i'm not bothered i can't eat any. lol

yea im not sure what to have for mine ...

my other half keeps asking me to put a list together of my fav things so i can do them before i start my pre op .

but it my birthday this sat .. and i know my other half is cooking a 3 course meal for me as i have to take him to supermarket tomorrow and let him go off with his own trolley and im not allowed in the kitchen or fridge tomorrow until sat eve lol ..

he is sweet so i may do this as my last proper meal ..

as i need to cut back on everything ..

ill be having a last supper and as it is easter i feel rather biblical!!!

I keep thinking about what I love most and what to have!! I only have a 5 day pre op so still go 2 weeks to go until I start. Unfortunately is is MIL 60th 2 days before the op and we are all going out for a meal to celebrate. Not only will this mean I will only be able to have drinks but also none of my family know about this at all.

I will however tell them I am on a strict diet and will be eating low cal soups and milkshakes.

I could have put it back a week but we go away on 23rd May and I want to be on more than liquids when I go.

My consultant has to be on liquids for 3 weeks after op. How long is everyone else on liquids for?

i have been told it will be 2 weeks pre-op fluid only and then im not sure til i go for my pre-op appt on tues. but i want to have something other than liquid for my 30th only 6 weeks after op!!
good luck with your op hun x

I keep thinking about what I love most and what to have!! I only have a 5 day pre op so still go 2 weeks to go until I start. Unfortunately is is MIL 60th 2 days before the op and we are all going out for a meal to celebrate. Not only will this mean I will only be able to have drinks but also none of my family know about this at all.

I will however tell them I am on a strict diet and will be eating low cal soups and milkshakes.

I could have put it back a week but we go away on 23rd May and I want to be on more than liquids when I go.

My consultant has to be on liquids for 3 weeks after op. How long is everyone else on liquids for?

I was only on liquids for days 1-3 after the op, then mushy for 4 days, then back to noraml food.

Each consultant has their own way of doing things so I would stick to what you are told.

i had already been dieting for a couple of months prior to my pre-op diet so did not really do the eat everything that you will miss thing, i did go for an indian meal and kept it healthy :)

The night/ day before you start/ started your pre op diet. Do you think too much about it and have some kind of special meal?

I was thinking about what I am going to miss most in the weeks after my op and whether to have some kind of special meal as a kind of celebration of my journey ahead.

What have other people done the day before pre op diet starts?

lol my last supper started about 2months befor op i just ate all the stuff i knew i wouldnt be able to have anymore and put on over a stone! my proper last supper was a huge big rump steak that took me two sittings to get thru followed by a pack of cream elclairs i think back and cant now imagine eating a meal that size but it was bloody lovely lol

My last day before a 12day pre-op was mothers day so I had a normal day but went out for a lovely indian meal icluding a Kulfi icecream desert and it was great....my post op is quite strict compared with some as Im on liquids for 2 weeks 1 week thicker liquids 1 week onto puree then onto soft foods 1 week or so then on to normal foods

At Walsall Manor it's 28 days on 'free fluids' (no fizzy drinks or alcohol!).

mine was fajitas ! We had Mexican night with the kids, and I made beef fajitas, guacamole,cheese, sour cream,green rice the works was gorgeous ! Still make them now but with light cheese and substitute fat free creme fraich as sour cream and in your gaucamole. Can only manage 1 wrap but so glad I can still enjoy them x you don't have to stop eating your faces just modify and in moderation xx good luck Hun x

Yummy chicken fajitas (dont like beef much ) but when my last supper comes it will be a chicken curry and a slice of banoffee pie . Thats when ever my surgery date comes around deep sigh . Good luck with your pre op diet hun .
Take care .
Margaret xx

mmm chicken curry will it be an indian or a chinese :p

my ultimate favs were mac dees and a good old donna kebab, i had both now i cant even manage a happy meal i tryed 1 a fair while back i gagged me gutts out, not had a 1 across me lips since :eek:

Back