• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The new me

Congratulations! And hello!

Hello and good luck on your journey!

Hello. Welcome and congratulations.

Thanks everyone, got back home today after a 6 hr train journey. I felt ok this morning but shattered now. I have only had tea and water to drink today couldn't face anything else. I hope that will b ok.

Hi will it's been a week now and finally feeling ok again. I have lost 7 lb but now the hard work will begin. I've got my appetite back again

Glad you are feeling better. Take care, you are still healing.

I'm glad you're feeling better.
I agree, keep up the resting.

Well done on your loss too. Half a stone gone!

Hello Kaz
I'm a little late in welcoming you ! Not sure how I missed you !
Congrats on having your band fitted .. I to am a Bander .. Banded in April this year and have just topped my 6st loss ..
Your right in saying , now the hard work begins , that very true ..
You mention feeling hungry .. One of the first things I wanted to get under control is figuring out if I'm really hungry or I am head hungry .. Boredom hunger is a major problem for any of us .. Until I had that under control I really hadn't felt proper hunger as I was always stuffing my face ..
Keep in mind that the band will not stop you from eating crap food .. So for the mean time sip sip sip at water and drink semi thick protein drinks .. If you can make them yourself then all the better .. Lost of high protein recipies on the net ..
Your still healing , so please take it easy even though you may feel extremely well ..
If you need advice please ask ..
.Mindy
Xxx

Thanks for that . I've been told I can start eating soft foods now so I don't have to each much to feel full. For the first time ever the kids are eating faster than me. You're right about the head hungar . It's really weird. Being really good though so far now lost 12 lbs . Definitely still do get hunger pangs though . I'm writing this whilst listening to my stomach rumbling but I am determined to make this work. I got a loan to pay for the op as starting to have health isssues

Be prepared .. head hunger and the carb demon will try their best to make this fail ... this is where your true battle with weight loss begins .. your band won't be working fully as of yet as its probably only got a couple of mls in it which is par for the course .. most weight loss at this stage will be your pure will power .. I had to dig deep and pull on everything I had for the 1st month .. determination and stubbornness is a good asset to pull on now .
Lots of luck
Xxxx

I lost most of my weight with nothing in my band, the reduction in volume alone was enough to see me shed the pounds. That and sticking to the protein and veg 'rules'.

Good luck @kaz kaz you sound like you have the right mindset to be successful! x

Hi everyone. I have my first fill next Friday, can't wait as not lost anymore weight as I can now eat normally. Trying really hard to stick to rules for eating but don't feel any restriction at all . Has anyone any tips for preventing boredom eating? I have the most boring job in the world ( work in a call centre so very repetitive work) everyone usually has snacks at their desk. I have taken a punnet of plum tomatoes to eat during the day . Will this b ok do you think? Or should I really force myself and not have anything at all?
Other than this everything fine so far....

Back