• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and Now Waiting!

Shopgirl1301

Hi Everyone, I'm new on here, literally just found your site and wanted to post. I've been referred by my doctor to an obesity clinic for surgery, however he didn't put in the letter clearly what it was for, so another couple of weeks to get sorted, they've just told me that I won't get an appointment unless the funding is in place, yet my doctor said I might not get funding as my bmi is just over 40 but I don't have diabetes, so not sure whether I will get op via the nhs or not, anyone else live in Hertfordshire that might have any info on funding etc.
Many thanks.
Wendyx

Just wanted to say Hi and wish you luck Wendy x Hope you enjoy the site x

Thanks everyone, really quite nervous as looking at the information for qualification for funding for Hertfordshire it says I must be over 40bmi (which I am) AND have another health issue like diabetes or stopping breathing when I sleep, I am a horrendous snorer and for last two weeks hubby and I are now in seperate rooms as I keep him awake with the noise, hope that counts!! Will keep everyone posted!
Wendyx

Hi LIsa, no I haven't, I have had no appointments anywhere as yet but letter from GP has been sent to Luton and Dunstable hospital and they received that last week, they've informed me that I won't get the appointment unless funding is in place, so not sure what is going to happen at the moment, my GP asked me whether I stopped breathing in my sleep but told him I didn't know, so maybe if I get a appointment I will have this test. I see you are booked in to the same hospital, what was the process you had to go through if you don't mind me asking?
Wendyx

Snoring is not a comorbidity and will not help towards funding....however snoring is a sign of sleep apnoea which is a comorbidity and gets funding... Ask your doctor to refer you to a sleep apnoea consultant. Do a google and see what the symptoms are and see if it sounds familiar.

Good luck hun xx

H Wendy. Welcome to the site. I agree with Julie (phatmomma) you need to be tested for sleep apnoea. Bad snoring is the most common sign.

Hiya, I was bypassed at the L&D in June

Hello everyone, many thanks for the hello's and welcome's, I will certainly look more into the sleep apnoea and will ask my doctor. Certainly is a postcode lottery by all accounts, but certainly armed with information is better in the long run, many thanks.
Wendyx

Hi Sue, how did you find the L&D, what was the timeline for you from first letter from your GP? Hope you don't mind me asking, many thanks in advance.
Wendyx

Have spoken with my gp surgery and they are sending a letter out to the Lister Hospital where there is a sleep clinic to get me tested for sleep apnoea, so thanks for the advice everyone!!
Sounds daft but I hope I do have it as won't have to fight so much for funding as this is one of the criteria.

Back