• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The post-op antacid tablets???

slimmerkay

Does anyone else dread taking them? I hate them. Sometimes they aren't too bad and other times they leave a nasty after taste for ages.

I have to take two day for 6 months and one a day for the further 18 months too - yuck!

Funnily enough my surgeon never prescribed them. I have posted about this on here before and I am happy with his decision but it seems like everyone else is on them.

I was on the chewable ones, but when I went to the doctor yesterday she asked if I was taking tablets ok now, and she prescribed me the capsule ones, I hope this is ok? Does anyone else take these?
I agree though the chewable are supposed to be strawberry flavoured, yuk lol xxx

I don't mind taking them at all and I have been told to take them forever!

I don't mind taking them its the injections I have trouble with. xxx

I had to take mine for 3 months post op and they were in a capsule form. Has my last one the other day, my GP has said if I think I might need them again to go back to him, so far so good

I'm still taking one Fastab a day. I didn't like the taste when I started takingthem but quite like it now. I've found that if I forget to take them for 2-3 days my tummy gets quite acid, to the point of getting that reflux feeling. So, I know they are doing me good. I think I'm on them for good too. Oh well, small price to pay. xx

Oh the injections !!

Did my last one this morning thank goodness. I thought beforehand that the actual sticking the needle in would be awful. Nah, that's nothing, it's the sting afterwards .... OUCH!

What are the injections ?

I didnt know about his ?

ewwww

I had the injections in hospital but none for home. I like the fast tabs! and I think I'm on them for good. Much better than the capsules and my hospital likes the fast tabs rather than capsules too...which is good, because my GP didn't like to give me them because they're so expensive!

I like the calcium tabs too!

Back