• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Sun newspaper

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
I was on the sun newspapers site earlier as tehy are running a baby competition However I started reading about teh lady who died after the bypass and people had made comments and it has wound me up.

People have put things like

Theres no such thing as a quick fix "these people" just need to eat less

do they no know that they need to do more and eat less and excercise.

arggggghhhh

just thought I would post this so we all know we dont need this lifesaving operation we just need to eat less and join a gym.

I will thank the clever people for stating these facts to us and saving us from risking our lives having pointless operations the chuffing idiots

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NO!!! Thats all I had to do?Eat less and exercise more sheesh, why didnt I think of that 30 years ago!!!We are all soooo stupid arnt we....

You just know some slim tart has wrote them.

:eek: holy crap ! If i had thought of that earlier...imagine eating less will make me slim and cynical !

Think I best empty my cupboards put a cup of soup in there and a ryvita ? or am I pushing the boat out there.?

Oh and I forgot ...best cancel my surgery eh?

Actually stuff em, Im not ignorant and have no intention of being so,just slimmer, so they can all kiss my big fat(soon to be slimmer) ass :p

I know what you mean, ignorance = rudeness and it's unnecessary and insulting. The sad thing for me is that the family of that poor lady could be reading it. And even worse is that those sort of attitudes are what made the lady have the surgery in the first place.
Don't let them get YOU down, that's exactly what they want, we should pity them as the badly informed self obsessed shallow narrow minded idiots that they are.
Rx

The people who spout this drivel are people who have obviously not had a weight problem. I wonder if any of them have drug or alcohol related issues - we should tell them that all they have to do is just stop drinking or taking the drugs - seemples!

I posted a reply to it yesterday and just checked...it wasn't put on...how convenient!!

We all know to eat less and exercise more...it just isn't that bloody simple, if it were we would all be skinny *****es :mad: things like that make me soooo mad

this is what the mother of a girl who died said 'My advice to anybody thinking of having this operation would be: "Have more pride in yourself and don't do it."'

i hope the poor girl didnt get i told you so's before she passed away, that is from someone whom im sure watched her daughter struggle with the heart ache of being over weight, mind you if that is how she felt about it maybe the daughter didnt tell her mother just how desparate she had become to have got to the point of having the operation , so sad breaks my heart to hear storys like this . x

Things go wrong all the time for ANY surgery....but of course this will be the reaction for WLS from the press. If it was easy NO-ONE would be overweight for long....grrrr .
Seriously though, it was a tragic incident. It is not the norm , what doesn't ever get mentioned is the thousands of lives saved by undergoing these operations. But that wouldn't make for very interesting news would it?
I feel so sad for her, I'm going to try and remember how lucky I am next time I feel sorry for myself with regards to my own weight.

Would not surprise me if the ar*e who wrote that does not have a 40 a day smoking habit and goes out and drinks at lunchtime with his work mates and also drinks far 2 much over the weekend, they dont seem to kick off when it is someone who has an addiction to something else like cigarettes or booze or drugs but something like food that we can not do with out they seem to think that it is the easiest thing in the world to do "just stop eating " bet they cant stop smoking or drinking and they dont need fags or booze to survive !!!

one of my less understanding drs could not grasp the idea of why people could just not loss weight, i said im an addict i need help if there was a rehab for what i had id go, he said dont be silly food is not a drug ! it is if you have no control over it. being obese in my eyes is the one of the things we as a nation have no acceptance of it , and really being over weight to some degree is in the majority not minortiy, so glad im doing this for me and not because i listen to some of the awfull coments that are made in the news and the presure for people to conform to being "normal"

one of my less understanding drs could not grasp the idea of why people could just not loss weight, i said im an addict i need help if there was a rehab for what i had id go, he said dont be silly food is not a drug ! it is if you have no control over it. being obese in my eyes is the one of the things we as a nation have no acceptance of it , and really being over weight to some degree is in the majority not minortiy, so glad im doing this for me and not because i listen to some of the awfull coments that are made in the news and the presure for people to conform to being "normal"

He said what!! Its no wonder us fatties have to put up with so much prejudice and ignorance when even the medical profession can't get it right.

If food is not an addiction for some then why do so many patients have to have councelling before and after their ops?

Most of those comments on the Sun articles are made by kids anyway so I wouldn't bother reading them or taking them to heart.

i know bonita thats why i changed my dr , you would think these days drs would be more sensitive , the dr who refered me was honest and said she didnt have a clue about what to do but asked me to leave it with her to read up on then she would ring me with info and she did. whislt going through with the anitial bit i was in process of moving and im gutted as iv had to change practices but i will be always greatful to her as she was the only one who really listened x

He said what!! Its no wonder us fatties have to put up with so much prejudice and ignorance when even the medical profession can't get it right.

If food is not an addiction for some then why do so many patients have to have councelling before and after their ops?

Most of those comments on the Sun articles are made by kids anyway so I wouldn't bother reading them or taking them to heart.

Firstly Bonita i amm not a 'fattie' accoeding to an article in The Times (no less) i am a 'big panty girl' lol so much sweeter don't you hink?

Secondly what a load of bollox the sun is. It's not called a rag for nothing. It's good for keeping homeless people warm and that's about it!!

Back