• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

You have such a pretty face! The story begins!

badger1980

Not sure how I ended up here as i'm not having/had the surgery but that was a pretty deep story and I can certainly relate to a lot of it. I was allways the fat kid at school, really short aswell, damage was done at age 12, in my head I was fat and allways would be. Congratulations though for deciding to lose the weight not for everyone else but for yourself, this is really important imo.
As its goes I came across a girl who would give me grief at school 15 odd years ago, shes now large after a couple of babies and i'm male just over 6 foot and 17 1/2 stone(big built but no longer very fat) and I shot up a foot at about 16 and it felt so good seeing her. I would never ever judge anyone by there size but felt a sick sense of hapiness seeing she had gone from being the class babe to be in exactly the same place as I was.
I will say 1 thing though, I think most if not all people have issues with something about themself as ive allways said to them "I can lose weight, you will allways be ugly"
Good luck anyway hope it goes well and you get to bump into a few bullies in a year or so, so they can eat their words :)

Last edited:

Minxy Mummy

Going, going, ........
Wow over 6 stone lost - that's ace! How have you found it, easy to stick to?

badger1980

Wow over 6 stone lost - that's ace! How have you found it, easy to stick to?

If that was at me, I havnt found it too hard, not easy though and certainly not for everyone although now after 5 months i'm so glad I did it, you have to be 100% on it and strict for it too work. Would certainly recomend giving it a go, have a look on the cambridge website for a list of councilors and more details, not sure about northants but there are loads in warwicks. Dont wanna go into detail here but feel free to private message me :).

Minxy Mummy

Going, going, ........
Hi Badger, yes that was for you, I'm glad you're on the ball! I am doing LL with shakes and water, I've done it twice before(!) but this time I will stick with the maintenance rather than becoming complacent when the weight has come off. Is this the first time you've done a VLCD?

badger1980

Hi Badger, yes that was for you, I'm glad you're on the ball! I am doing LL with shakes and water, I've done it twice before(!) but this time I will stick with the maintenance rather than becoming complacent when the weight has come off. Is this the first time you've done a VLCD?
Yes first time ive tried any diet, given up beer for a month here and there but never actually made any real attempt to diet. Seems that the maintainence is the key to whether you keep it off or not so we will see early next year hopefully.

callysplace

Hi Gina,
Can relate to your story totaly, I used anger and fists as weapons against people who were taking the p**s, Ive even been aggresive to people who I thought might have been likely to say some thing (not a proud moment)

I find it difficult at times to cope with peoples reactions to me, inside Im still the big fat girl and make jokes about my weight still! the look on their faces is classic as they are wondering what the hell Im on about! I have to remind myself each day that Im now a normal size person and majority of people dont think Im "large" any more, I dont need to be on the defensive but its one hard habit to quit!

I know Im crossing threads here slightly but on another thread I mentioned how supportive my friends and family have been with my decision to have surgery and I have had no negative comments, but what I have noticed now and what you have mentioned on here, is the amount of folk that feel the need to tell me that I dont need to loose anymore, in fact one lovely lady felt the need to point out to myself and others around at the time that I didnt have an arse anymore. Great six months ago you were pointing to your mates that my arse was huge now its the other way around!!!

Gina no matter what we do, there are always going to be insecure prats that feel the need to tell us "like it is" Im going to try just smiling at them and saying "yeah, yeah" with talky hand sign, or lauging straight in there face, I havent time for wasters any more its my time now and Im going to bloody enjoy it!!!

God I have ranted on....Ill get my coat lol

jennikay

I can totally sympathise with you Caroline, I get people telling me not to lose any more weight.
I just think, I'm going to lose as weight as I want to, because I'm losing weight for me, not for anyone else!

What hurt me recently was when I went away and the guys made 'fat' jokes about me, because I was a size 10 and the other girls were a 6/8!

Onwards and upwards, though, right? I've lost a stone since then :)

x

Minxy Mummy

Going, going, ........
Oh my god - just watching Desperate Housewives and two women talking abour Gabby's overweight daughter just said the sentence - "it's a shame because she has such a pretty face"!!!!!!

gingernutter

Thank you very much! You have done SO well, what have you done to lose weight?

I am only at the start of my journey, I haven't lost yet! In the past I lost 7 stones on Xenical but sadly I regained every pound plus more. I know how it feels to be slim. I want to get back to being fit again. I am waiting for funding at the moment.

I read your post to my husband he too was very touched by your words. Thank you for sharing.

callysplace

Oh my god - just watching Desperate Housewives and two women talking abour Gabby's overweight daughter just said the sentence - "it's a shame because she has such a pretty face"!!!!!!

Just thinking if my mum had made me play the game Gabby did with her daughter, I might not have got to the size I was :D
Might get her to do it with me now to help these last pounds shift!

Minxy Mummy

Going, going, ........
Ha ha, same here, although there's not enough road for the pounds I've still got to lose - she's have to keep going round a roundabout!! :D:D:D

Minxy Mummy

Going, going, ........
Too true Cally!

Cowgirl

Licks the lid of life!

Sounds about right!

The bit that gets me is "Its such a shame"

F**king cheek!

Steam out of ears! Wooooooooooooooooooooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Minxy Mummy

Going, going, ........
I KNOW!!! THAT'S WHAT GOT ME!!!!

I am feeling the steam from here!!!

I had another classic one yesterday from my friend, I explained I was doing my milkshakes etc and that I wanted to lose a lot of weight and she was brilliant and so pleased for me which I was so glad about and then she asked "it won't change the person you are will it?" I was a little bemused at this as I'd like to think I have a strong enough personality that my weight wouldn't affect this? Do you know what I mean?? :confused::confused:

Cowgirl

Licks the lid of life!
I KNOW!!! THAT'S WHAT GOT ME!!!!

I am feeling the steam from here!!!

I had another classic one yesterday from my friend, I explained I was doing my milkshakes etc and that I wanted to lose a lot of weight and she was brilliant and so pleased for me which I was so glad about and then she asked "it won't change the person you are will it?" I was a little bemused at this as I'd like to think I have a strong enough personality that my weight wouldn't affect this? Do you know what I mean?? :confused::confused:

Yeah people are strange aren't they?

Some used to say to me, you owuldnt be you if you lost weight!

Who would I be then? Not more attractive than you, surely! LOL

One of my friends, when I told her I was having the band said "God you'll be slimmer than me!"

Thats the thing, I wont be the fat friend anymore! They lose a kind of status! I'll change to a certain degree, not for the worse, I'll be so much more self confident and happier in myself. So my mates and all the boys out there will really get the best of me! LOL