• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The unmentioned benefits if weight loss...

Oasiscalm

I've had my band for seven months now and whilst the weight loss has been slower that I hoped, there are some great benefits that have come from the weight I have lost. I think we tend to judge our loss by how much smaller we look in the mirror. So I thought it would be good if we shared the other things we have noticed/achieved.

For me

1) My snoring has become considerable quieter, which has been welcomed with great pleasure from my bed buddy.

2) I have much less afternoon slumps.

3) I've noticed parts of my body which were covered for many years.

4) My facial hair growth due to PCOS has slowed down considerably.

5) I walk a lot faster.

I managed to run, yes literally run, for the bus yesterday and wasn't even out of breath... Even walking for two minutes was a strain when I was still heavier. I keep also discovering bones in my body that were hidden under fat before, lol! Also my complexion is much better.

Today I managed to walk through the office without my bum sweeping papers off everyone's desks. Not much, but it made me happy:)

I want to wear a rucksack without it resting on the shelf that I call my bum! x

This made me chuckle because I know the feeling all so well, but it's getting lower;)

I went to the park yesterday with my dog and I ran, yes ran! the length of the park. Which is huge. Despite being an old dog, my Lotty not me ;) lol, she loved it and I did it without getting out of breath. It was wonderful and she was so happy to run with me. She spun in circles with excitement. I'm so happy to do that for her now, a year ago I couldn't even walk.

Shelley that's one of my goals, to be able to run. It doesn't have to be fast or far, but I'd love to run for running's sake, like I did when I was a kid! x

Back