• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Wait.....

kezza84

So.... I had my pre-op week ago last Saturday, however I have no actual date for surgery.

I am now finding myself texting home everymorning my OH is at home asking if the postie has been.

Just wondering is it normal for to have pre-op before the date?

xx

Hello, yes it must be, my friend on her has her pre op assessment today and will be given a date shortly afterwards. Good luck for news shortly! :)

They apparently have no waiting list in our area so they ring you to start on the liver reducing diet soon afterwards . My appointments for pre op are November, excited! Xx

You always have your pre op before surgery. The tests they do determine if your fit for surgery. After your pre op, you should have your surgery date within six weeks. Otherwise your pre op is out of date.

They apparently have no waiting list in our area so they ring you to start on the liver reducing diet soon afterwards . My appointments for pre op are November, excited! Xx

Not sure about waiting lists for my hospital as it's never been mentioned

You always have your pre op before surgery. The tests they do determine if your fit for surgery. After your pre op, you should have your surgery date within six weeks. Otherwise your pre op is out of date.

Thanks Paula, never knew they only last for 6 weeks

I got my wls date back in the summer then my pre op in august started lsd aug 21 the wls sept 18 so not really very a wait

Back