• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THE WRITE STUFF - CHANNEL FIVE......we are going to be famous!

ooh I'll try to watch that Sharon. Thanks for letting us know

Just bumping this...

Dont forget 9am channel 5 this morning

I'm watching and Paul Mckenna's sending me to sleep already:rolleyes:Where's our girls?:confused:

matthew is on fine form this morning

paul mckenna usually gets on my nerves but found myself agreeing with him when he said "if you are fat, its not your fault"

*yawn* hurry up ladies am waiting to trek down south again!

I need a wee. hurry up girls!

well I thought that went quite well. At least no one said its our own fault. Matthew did "ask is it a cop out?" but I think Anne did well to shut him up.

I need to watch it when I have time later on.
I dont know whats said but I have this :
I am fat
I like naughtie food BUT and its my big BUTT (lol) I go to the gym 3 5 times a week and excercise bloody hard, I eat healthy 80% of the time its only the weekends when I like a couple of drinks and a pizza etc..
I honestly believe that we are all born teh same way but something changes and some poeple find it quite easy to lose weight (and kee it OFF) some harder and some bloody darn right impossible.
Cant wait to watch
xx

Yeah I thought it was very well debated. However I don't believe it's not my fault I'm fat! I take full responsibility for my weight, no one made me eat the food, no one stopped me from exercising but myself

I agree with you that no one made me eat the food or stopped me exercising, but I do think some people are more prone to gain weight than others and that I am one of those unfortunate people.

However, I agree with the panel on the show that dieting makes you fat - and boy, ive tried enough diets over the years. Infact ive spent most of the last 12 years on one diet or another.

Oh I totally agree that yo-yo dieting makes people fat but I think that throwing out that comment like he did gives licence for people to completely absolve themselves of responsibility. There are many factors that contribute to our shapes and sizes but ultimately we are all responsible for our own actions.

Shame our girls didn't get on! I rang up but I wasn't interesting enough for them lol.

Our girls didnt get on wobbles, but I did feel that the matter was dealt with sensitively and Matthew didnt really get on his high horse like he sometimes does.

I think Anne Diamond did a good job of sticking up for overweight people, and was pleased to hear Paul Mckenna even agree that surgery has to be a solution for some people.

I wasn't able to catch the programme this morning, but the discussion on R&J's programme on Monday is a really good debate on how "one size doesn't fit all" with regard to diet/weightloss programs.

They don't go into the reasons behind why some people put on weight while others don't or the moral/ethical issues connected with being overweight, just about how each person can find the 'right' weightloss solution for them.

Agreed, Matthew didn't do his usual 'high horse' stuff, which was good. Anne wasn't too patronising, which was good. And Paul McKenna made some very valid points. Ohhh, but that doc ... he preaches how the surgeries cost such a lot of money without going into the costs, long-term, of obesity & co-morbidities!! Glad he's not my doc!

I do take issue over some of the comments here that "being fat is our fault & we need to take responsibilty" ... yes, to a degree. We DO choose what goes in our mouths & how we deal with it , as adults, BUT ...

What if it goes back to childhood & has been a battle ever since? When we are told to 'eat everything up' .. 'don't leave food' .. how much food costs when on a low income .. when big families eat what they are given (cheaper food) .. eat what you can when you can when you are so poor .. & the feelings of guilt instilled when we ARE growing up regarding our weight etc?

It isn't just "I ate it so it's my fault" is all I am saying

Agreed, Matthew didn't do his usual 'high horse' stuff, which was good. Anne wasn't too patronising, which was good. And Paul McKenna made some very valid points. Ohhh, but that doc ... he preaches how the surgeries cost such a lot of money without going into the costs, long-term, of obesity & co-morbidities!! Glad he's not my doc!

I do take issue over some of the comments here that "being fat is our fault & we need to take responsibilty" ... yes, to a degree. We DO choose what goes in our mouths & how we deal with it , as adults, BUT ...

What if it goes back to childhood & has been a battle ever since? When we are told to 'eat everything up' .. 'don't leave food' .. how much food costs when on a low income .. when big families eat what they are given (cheaper food) .. eat what you can when you can when you are so poor .. & the feelings of guilt instilled when we ARE growing up regarding our weight etc?

It isn't just "I ate it so it's my fault" is all I am saying
Yes I agree, I wasn't saying that it is all our fault full stop, I just though he was a bit silly to throw out the comment about none of it being our fault. Sometimes it's not but sometimes it is

Back