• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THG band to MGB in Belgium

Watching others eat really brings it home to me, your pouch will tell you if your portion is to big but you must stop eating after 20 minutes and the gap between swallowing a mouthful and taking another should be 20 seconds. How’s your protein going ? Xx
Not done too great on the protein I don’t think, been having kids small yoghurts and blended soup over the last 2 weeks, not had a lot of milk either. Tried protein shake but didn’t agree with me so need to try that again but maybe a smaller scoop and more milk/water mixed in. In my booklet it says week three and four I can have poached fish so I’m having salmon tonight and also started multi vits so hoping to be feel a bit more alert. Docs this afternoon for a stitch to be removed also going to ask for omeprozole prescription too as I’ve ran out of the nexium I bought over the counter it was £7 for 7 days!
My tea last night went down well, left a small egg size amount of mash as I felt I was eating it because it was there but I didn’t get a full feeling I was just no longer hungry, so not sure if I was finished or not but I decided to be if that makes sense.
Cheesy mash sounds good, plenty of protein too let me know how that goes down and what you’re portion is like xx

Going shopping back holiday Monday and hoping to have tapas out for lunch, looking forward to it. Ben and I usually go out to eat once a week or weekend so it’s been strange on our social life being so restricted, a bit more choice now means we can try things slowly
Xx

Tonight’s tea, got the same for tomorrow’s lunch at work.
@Sarnie how is your soft foods going? X

Attachments

• D0AB1885-F2B0-4F20-B6A6-445BAA2005B6.jpeg
    D0AB1885-F2B0-4F20-B6A6-445BAA2005B6.jpeg
    998.6 KB · Views: 12
Not done too great on the protein I don’t think, been having kids small yoghurts and blended soup over the last 2 weeks, not had a lot of milk either. Tried protein shake but didn’t agree with me so need to try that again but maybe a smaller scoop and more milk/water mixed in. In my booklet it says week three and four I can have poached fish so I’m having salmon tonight and also started multi vits so hoping to be feel a bit more alert. Docs this afternoon for a stitch to be removed also going to ask for omeprozole prescription too as I’ve ran out of the nexium I bought over the counter it was £7 for 7 days!
My tea last night went down well, left a small egg size amount of mash as I felt I was eating it because it was there but I didn’t get a full feeling I was just no longer hungry, so not sure if I was finished or not but I decided to be if that makes sense.
Cheesy mash sounds good, plenty of protein too let me know how that goes down and what you’re portion is like xx

Going shopping back holiday Monday and hoping to have tapas out for lunch, looking forward to it. Ben and I usually go out to eat once a week or weekend so it’s been strange on our social life being so restricted, a bit more choice now means we can try things slowly
Xx
Cheesy mash with baked beans yesterday and with corned beef today both were really nice. Probably about 3 heaped tablespoons per meal. x

Hi @bex.wils

Just wondered how you're doing 3 weeks after your sugery. I found week 3 quite hard and had a gain of 3lb so just wanted to check you're doing ok.

Emma xx
Hi Emma, I think I’m doing alright. Taking each day as it comes I’ve had a week on soft foods now so had salmon, mash, lots of veggies, tried a veggie burger last night that went down well. Consciously trying to have as much protein as I can for every meal which I do for lunch and tea but not so much breakfast, that’s usually a yoghurt so at least getting calcium in there, and snacks are a crispbread a low fat spreadable cheese mid morn and mid afternoon. Ben and I have been weighing ourselves every Wednesday night so tonight is the night, as of last wed since pre op diet and 2 weeks post op I’d lost 1.5 stone which is amazing definitely feeling happier.
I had one incident the other night whereby I felt instantly sick, ill and tired. Went up to bed brushed my teeth and gagged a lot, lots of saliva and wind from both ends. Wondering if I overate or ate too fast! It was really awful.
How have you been getting on? Xx

Hi Bex

I hope you don’t mind me asking , have you just had primary surgery or are you post op revision surgery?
Kindest regards

Rachel

Hi Emma, I think I’m doing alright. Taking each day as it comes I’ve had a week on soft foods now so had salmon, mash, lots of veggies, tried a veggie burger last night that went down well. Consciously trying to have as much protein as I can for every meal which I do for lunch and tea but not so much breakfast, that’s usually a yoghurt so at least getting calcium in there, and snacks are a crispbread a low fat spreadable cheese mid morn and mid afternoon. Ben and I have been weighing ourselves every Wednesday night so tonight is the night, as of last wed since pre op diet and 2 weeks post op I’d lost 1.5 stone which is amazing definitely feeling happier.
I had one incident the other night whereby I felt instantly sick, ill and tired. Went up to bed brushed my teeth and gagged a lot, lots of saliva and wind from both ends. Wondering if I overate or ate too fast! It was really awful.
How have you been getting on? Xx
Fantastic loss, I’m pleased all is going well, the incident could be “dumping” overeating or eating to fast, I know I do harp on about it but do you follow the 20 20 20 rule ? Xx

Fantastic loss, I’m pleased all is going well, the incident could be “dumping” overeating or eating to fast, I know I do harp on about it but do you follow the 20 20 20 rule ? Xx
I thought dumping was actual bowl movement? I believe I’m following the rule, I time myself eating at work and only give 20 mins, usually working through lunch or browsing the internet’s so eat slowly and most of the time eat with a tea spoon so I’m not taking too much at a time. Maybe I didn’t do a great job on that meal when it happened.
Weigh day again tonight I’ll be over the moon if I can get 8-10lb off this month ready for holidays in June xx

I thought dumping was actual bowl movement? I believe I’m following the rule, I time myself eating at work and only give 20 mins, usually working through lunch or browsing the internet’s so eat slowly and most of the time eat with a tea spoon so I’m not taking too much at a time. Maybe I didn’t do a great job on that meal when it happened.
Weigh day again tonight I’ll be over the moon if I can get 8-10lb off this month ready for holidays in June xx
It sounds like your following it, chew 20 times and leave 20 seconds between each mouthful, “dumping” can be a variety of symptoms for me it’s suddenly being hit by overwhelming tiredness, everyone is different, if I overeat my mouth fills with water like your did, on Sunday that happened after 12 minutes of eating and following the rules xx

Hi Bex

I hope you don’t mind me asking , have you just had primary surgery or are you post op revision surgery?
Kindest regards

Rachel
Hi Rachel

Im post op revision. Had a band 2014 and had it removed and converted to mini gastric bypass at the same time.
What are thinking of having or had?
X

Hi Bex

I’m in a bit of a conundrum, I like you had the band fitted, which slipped also. To find a doctor that would remove it back then was a nightmare, no doctor wanted to get involved. Saying that , it was nearly 10yrs ago so it was new to this country (Ireland) .
After I got it removed I was advised by the same doctor to get the bypass done. So I saved liked a mad woman and I got it done.
As the weight was just falling off me I couldn’t have felt happier in my whole life. I was on top of the world , this new confident, self assured woman I became. It was unreal.
Fast forward 5 yrs and as time goes on you don’t realise the weight creeping up little by little until 3st has gone on.
Now I’m feeling like crap and hiding away from the world.
I’m looking into revision surgery but it seems a hard find.
I had it all organised to get the surgery on the 25th of April just gone. I flew over to Poland after been approved for surgery as I had given the all my medical records to the coordinator in Bookimed ( the medical tourism company)on my gastric bypass surgery. When I arrived the hospital had no idea who I was,Also said they had no records sent on to them. I was left high and dry. I was completely heartbroken. Been in a foreign country and not able to fly home with all flights booked out.
I’ve been home a week now and don’t know what direction to go now. I have read up on the Stomaphax procedure but I can’t seem to find anyone who has had it done and what the success rate it is.
The procedure is done in the Spire hospital in Southampton. There was a girl on this form who had it done back in 2016 but I’ve had no luck in contacting her.
Exhausting mentally!!!

Hi @bex.wils

Sounds like you're doing great! It's all a learning curve. I've had a couple of dumping experiences. One was with reduced fat hummus which I'm gutted about as I used to love it. Other than that I'm doing fine. I've lost 31lb in total now (inc pre op diet) & feel so good. I've got so much more energy & people are commenting that I look younger which is a bonus. Not sure about you but I'm finding I'm so picky about what I eat now. My tastes have changed so much. It can be a real pain trying to figure out what I actually fancy to eat lol. Fingers crossed for your goal loss before Turkey xx

Hi @bex.wils

Just wondered how you're doing 3 weeks after your sugery. I found week 3 quite hard and had a gain of 3lb so just wanted to check you're doing ok.

Emma xx
How weird, I gained 2lb this week, was not impressed lol x

Back