• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Things i'm looking forwards to......

sharynt

Ok ladies and gents, thought I would start up a lighthearted thread focusing on the positives of weight loss.
I don't know about you guys but I have the occasional wobble (in pre-op) and have to remind myself why im doing this. So apart from the obvious reasons of health, what are you looking forwards to as you become big losers?
First on my list is: sitting in a plastic garden chair without fear of it breaking or having to be surgically removed!:D

Painting toenails without having cardiac arrest

Moving through a crowded seated venue without everyone having to get up and move chairs

Eat in public without a care in the world

Dance on the dance floor

Put nice undies on

When I was young and very skinny, I never was into my looks, always been a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl.

I'm still not into my looks (doing this for health reasons), but I have found myself the last few days, looking at lovely clothes in normal sizes and thinking: "not yet, not yet, but soon enough..." :D

Also, quite simply, not being hungry. I hate the feeling of hunger, and am not interested in food except for the fact that I have to eat not to be hungry, so not having hunger dominating my life is something I am looking forward to! (I don't snack or nibble, it's just not my thing)

Being able to enjoy holidays I can't do right now (Northern lights being top of the list!).

Fitting in airplane seats.

I'll think of some more, no doubt. :)

Oh this is a good thread.... I am looking forward to summer and not walking 20 paces and breaking out into a marathon sweat.... Buying normal not 4xxxx strength antiperspirant

Sitting on the wc lid with my six year old in the bath and not breaking a fourth toilet seat :-(

Not being recorded snoring at night by my husband who feels the need to share it with me far too often
Being able to lie down in the bath and have all of me under the water, at the moment I'm like an ice berg and far too much above the surface
I'm looking forward to being happy to be in photos

Finally I am looking forward to my arms being long enough reach where they need to reach when taking a call of nature... Sad but true

I hear about muffin tops on yer arms, well I have muffin waist in my jeans....so going to be a thing of the past xx

i like this topic but my list is endless
i would love to be able to shop in primark and buy clothes not just earings and bags
and bags i would like to be able to wear a bag on my sholder
i would love to be able to wear jeans again as i only wear leggings right now
i would love for my asuma to go
i would also like to do a charity run or even a walk
i also cant wait to have that restriction when eating as much as i love food im tired of it controlling my life
last but not least i would love to not have to wear wide fit shoes any more
as soon as i reach that goal ill be getting some blingy platforms and wearing them everywhere

Being able to go back swimming: Between the weight and my crumbling spine, I would need to ask them to use the disabled seat to lower me in the water, and even though I know I am disabled, my pride gets in the way. Once a few stones have gone, I'll -hopefully- be able to go down the ladder myself again.

Not having to check when buying seats or scales etc that it doesn't say: "Not suitable for over 100kgs". :(

Going to the theatre and not being able to fit comfortably between the arm rests (mind you, that's a tall order, they tend to be diabolical for all sizes!).

Being able to see what I am doing when trimming my -ahem- bikini line instead of just guessing (always dangerous if you're using a razor!!! :eek:)

And yes, Primark!!! and not having to shop at either Evans or Yours Clothing (online) and nowhere else!

Not having my boobs sitting on my belly. And when wearing belts, they can sit on my hips instead of meeting with my bra!

Driving without my elbows rubbing against my hips. Or having to pull my boobs out from under my armpits, Les Dawson style.

The more I think, the more I think of new things! Thanks for starting the thread! :)

I'm looking forward to

Booking a holiday in an ice hotel without fear of not being able to wear the necessary body suit.
Coming off my diabetes medication.
Running for the bus.
Being able to pick up a penny for luck when I see it.
Fitting in plane/restaurant/office seats.
Having my first go on a roller coaster.
Sitting on my partners knee.
Being picked up and swung around.
Dancing all night without paying for it the next day.
Putting my socks on stood up.
Fastening up my coats without the buttons popping.
Borrowing my sisters clothes.
Choosing to walk the long way.
Being a "normal" size adult for the first time

fayz you mentioned something that made me well up. I cant wait for the time that my husband can pick me up or when I can sit on his knee without fear of rupturing something:)

Back