• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm really looking forward to ....

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Hi folks, I find myself, 3 weeks post op looking forward to doing lots of things I never thought possible for me. Thought I'd start a thread called "What I'm really looking forward to" (looked forward to for those who are seasoned losers). My starter for 10 is .....

• Sitting in a bucket chair in Costa Coffee - with room to spare!
  • Getting up off the floor without leaning on something
  • Riding the Nemesis roller coaster
  • Going to a hair salon (avoided for 3 years as I have a fear of staring at myself for 40 minutes plus!)
  • Never having to shop Marisota again!
Please add yours ......

Wearing a bikini next year on hols with out fear of being stared at
Waking up and having some energy in the mornings
My arthritis and fibromyalgia easing up

This list will be endless for me as there's so much I am looking forward to . . .lets start with . . .

• being able to buy clothes from a shop other than Evans ~ maybe even being able to buy "cheaply" at Primark lol
  • being able to do the things with my son that my weight has prevented me, (swim, sports and other things too)
  • being able to go swimming.
  • to return to the Statue of Liberty and climb it all without looking as if I would keel over at the top :8855:
  • not having to wear a extender belt on the plane or struggling to put the table down for my meals so not bothering and sharing my sons!
  • slowly working down through the wardrobe and for the last time, finally getting rid of the clothes that become too big for me, rather than keeping them "just in case" I get big again.
  • my first band fill and getting underway :)

For me it will be:

Being able to complete a 12 hour shift at work (ICU nurse) without being crippled with pain from knees and back!

Never EVER shopping in marrisota, simplyB etc etc.

Buying a Boden dress.

Never wearing leggings again!

Basically an end to the obsession with my weight and dieting.

:sign0151:

• I love football but have not been for years as the turnstiles are so narrow, can't wait to go to a match again!
  • Not being limited to Evans for clothing.
  • Being able to go for a coffee where there are fixed seats.
  • Just being able to do what slim people do without having to think about it! :)

- not having my 4 yr old say "you're a fat mummy aren't you" even though i know he is not meaning it horribly!
- Hoping my feet lose a bit of weight so can wear nicer shoes! (do feet lose weight?!? not sure but hoping)
- can wear all the unworn jeans in my wardrobe

being able to get my wedding and engagement ring off my finger, to not have my legs chafing when on holiday walking and most of all waking up in the morning and being able to get dressed into a pair of jeans (any jeans)) and a top without having to think about hiding bumps and bulges. Also, not having a special ocassion spoilt because of worrying about what I am going to wear. Finally, not ducking and diving in shops, supermarkets, bars etc from friends I haven't seen for years but am embarrassed for them to see me as I think they would be shocked at the weight I have gained since I last saw them!!!

Giving up shopping at Evans and simply be.
Being able to buy clothes from primaky .
Not getting out of breath going upstairs .
Eating in macdonalds without thinking every1 is looking at me.
Being fit and thin.
Being on this planet for a long time yet.
Getting a pair of knee high boots and being able to do the zip up.
Wearing skinny jeans with the boots.
My list goes on I could add something every day.

Im too far gone for this now but can I just say dare to dream ladies. My biggie was never managing to get my legs in a pair of wellies! And oh my god shopping in the range yesterday I just had to try some on...all fit perfectly with room to spare! I'm gonna be having the loudest brightest pair this winter :)

All your dreams will happen trust me :)

So many... But two:

Walking into a room without thinking that every single one is thinking, 'she's big lass'!!!!

Sitting on a busy bus and not over hanging the seat!

being able to get my wedding and engagement ring off my finger, to not have my legs chafing when on holiday walking and most of all waking up in the morning and being able to get dressed into a pair of jeans (any jeans)) and a top without having to think about hiding bumps and bulges. Also, not having a special ocassion spoilt because of worrying about what I am going to wear. Finally, not ducking and diving in shops, supermarkets, bars etc from friends I haven't seen for years but am embarrassed for them to see me as I think they would be shocked at the weight I have gained since I last saw them!!!
Aww Caroline, the dodging folk not seen for a while is soooo sadly familiar to me, adding this to my list too!

Thanks to everyone for adding to this thread. Tracey xxx

Not feeling I have to be funny because I am fat.
Shopping in Next or Primark!
Not buying extra wide boots
Buying NICE underwear from a standard shop!
Looking OK in jogging bottoms and not huge, as if I dont excercise
Perhaps renewing wedding vows and wearing a dress (I wore a trouser suit :( )
Not being a fat mum, even though the kids dont see me as fat!!
Getting my eternity ring back on!
Not panicking about plane seatbelts fitting
I want a mini!! I think I am too fat to be driving around in a mini... but this is when I know I will have achieved my aim...
Catching my husband looking at me proudly (he is always complimentary)
Attending and not avoiding school reunions...
Wearing fancy dress (have avoided this)
Walking fast and perhaps running without feeling I need oxygen...
The list is endless x

OMG Borogirl....... The thought of a school reunion just terrifies me!!!! By the way I have a mini and I am now worried that I look silly in it??? Never mind - if I do it won't be for long now as the weight is slowly coming off!!! Would also love to be able to get back into my wedding dress ( I was 8 stone lighter then than I am now!!!!)

Hmmm let's see....own a Karen Millen dress, ride horses again, wear knee high boots, shop in Top shop!!! A place I am petrified of...if I go in there now I get stared at like I may have a disease... Lol, go to theme park and ride roller coasters, wear sexy lingerie, ride a motor bike, go karting, para gliding I could go on and on!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

OMG Borogirl....... The thought of a school reunion just terrifies me!!!! By the way I have a mini and I am now worried that I look silly in it??? Never mind - if I do it won't be for long now as the weight is slowly coming off!!! Would also love to be able to get back into my wedding dress ( I was 8 stone lighter then than I am now!!!!)

I didnt mean to offend about the mini! I am sure you look fine :) I have never tried a wedding dress on, so even if I dont renew my vows, I want to go shopping!

Clothes shopping in Next
Going to a theme-park knowing I'll fit in the rides!
Daring to go on a plane
Wearing knee-high boots
Looking alright in my wedding dress (I get married next October)
Not worrying about having my picture taken
Walking upstairs without getting breathless
Going on long walks, including up hills!
Not feeling self-conscious when ordering food (anywhere)
Wearing a swimming costume at the beach

=)

mine is to look attractive, be able to try on clothes and not have to think does it show my lumps and bumps, being able to wear heels, no pain in my feet and knees, be able to buy off the cheap end of summer rail for £5 and be able to get something and not a handbag! wear skinny jeans and boots for people to want to sit by me on the bus, and not to be judged by my size. the list is endless

Back