• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Things i'm looking forwards to......

Ah, well, that's a bit of a bone of contention there. I am lucky enough that my hubby of 30 years loves me no matter what size I am, and he's only going along with the op because it's something *I* want and need, but it doesn't mean he's happy about it, he happens to like big boobs and bums.

Being able to go back swimming: Between the weight and my crumbling spine, I would need to ask them to use the disabled seat to lower me in the water, and even though I know I am disabled, my pride gets in the way. Once a few stones have gone, I'll -hopefully- be able to go down the ladder myself again.

Not having to check when buying seats or scales etc that it doesn't say: "Not suitable for over 100kgs". :(

Going to the theatre and not being able to fit comfortably between the arm rests (mind you, that's a tall order, they tend to be diabolical for all sizes!).

Being able to see what I am doing when trimming my -ahem- bikini line instead of just guessing (always dangerous if you're using a razor!!! :eek:)

And yes, Primark!!! and not having to shop at either Evans or Yours Clothing (online) and nowhere else!

Not having my boobs sitting on my belly. And when wearing belts, they can sit on my hips instead of meeting with my bra!

Driving without my elbows rubbing against my hips. Or having to pull my boobs out from under my armpits, Les Dawson style.

The more I think, the more I think of new things! Thanks for starting the thread! :)

I soooo agree with the one about trimming your bikini line, not having boobs sitting on my belly and when wearing belts, they can sit on the hips instead of meeting with your bra
Also, I'd love to be able to picked up and swung around. Borrowing my sister's clothes would be nice, too.

People not saying she is such a "bubbly" person - i.e. over weight!
I am looking forward to just chucking a pair of jeans an t-shirt on and knowing I won't have to keep pulling it down to cover my stomach, or worrying about my thighs getting sore when the dreaded summer dress comes out!

I am looking forward to being in control of my food and it not me, so many things to look forward to, if I can just get past the awful nerves that have taken over I will be fine!

Ah, well, that's a bit of a bone of contention there. I am lucky enough that my hubby of 30 years loves me no matter what size I am, and he's only going along with the op because it's something *I* want and need, but it doesn't mean he's happy about it, he happens to like big boobs and bums.

Mine too, he likes the new happy me but misses the cuddly me!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I would like to be able to cross my legs
to be able to sit a child on my knee (my 12 year old might object)
To be able to shop for clothes in supermarkets
to be able to go to a carvery without seeing people nudge each other to watch in case I eat all the food
To sit on a garden chair or a school chair without lowering myself gingerly onto it and ending up almost levitating in case im too heavy for it
To be able to park in a parking space away from the main entrance of wherever I am going instead of circling endlessly for one nearer
To be able to wear shoes that aren't slip on
to be able to see my bum etc
To be able to go out in public without people staring
To be able to accept a compliment
To be able to walk a dog
To be able to eat in public without feeling shame
To be free

The thing im looking forward to most is being able to play with my children i have 4 boys 11,9,6 and 10 months and want to be able to run around the park with them and to go on rides at the theme park. Also to stop my son being bullied because his mam is fat (i know its just kids but it hurts me to see my son upset).
To just feel like me again.
And everything that everyone else has said x

cazmic I actually feel bullied by my own kids! Ive got 3, my son is the eldest at nearly 11 but he never comments whereas my twin daughters who are 7 are always commenting on what im wearing, "your top is too short" "your belly is sticking out" "you have got chicken wings (think they mean bingo wings!)" I try to deal with each comment in a grown up fashion but just lately it hurts so much!

aww they dont know what they r saying at that age hun and i think the way people, tv and magazines r they think we all have to be a size 0 that makes an impact on what kids think.
mine are the opposite they r always saying that i look lovely or that they love me the way i am, its other kids picking on my eldest thats what i dont like but hopefully that wont be for much longer x

I'm looking forwards to
o hugging my knees up to my chest
o wearing what I want, not what fits
o looking at myself in photographs (I can't do it)
o learning to scuba dive because I can get into a wetsuit
o going on theme park rides with my two teenagers
o trying running

Great thread, just what I needed! X

So so many of the above!!

I achieved one of mine yesterday. I help at a youth group and we often sit on beanbags. I usually have to climb up the wall to stand up. On Friday I stood up purely by punching up through my legs!

The 'levitating' over chairs so rang a bell!!

My partner's joined in the game and is looking forward to
Me turning over in bed and not taking all the quilt with me
Not being woken up by my snoring
Not having to do my foot care and paint my toe nails
Cheaper travel insurance
Having me sit on her knee!

I read this thread out to my husband and I really am emotionally unhinged as I cried through every response! I have found this quite carthartic, almost like casting out the demons lol.
I will be "normal" one day and will thank you all for sharing your thoughts with me and making me admit to things I have kept to myself for so damned long xx

Sharynt - not emotionally unhinged at all youre probably like me and just relieved to know that things will change one day soon. I had to hold back the tears too when I read some of these to my partner. It was great when she joined in too, you should ask your husband for his list. I will be that woman I'm picturing one day and this thread has really helped me to picture it. Thank you

My niece suggested I write a "reverse bucket list" of everything I wanted to do on e I'd lost weight lolol I didnt know wether to Laff or cry at the thought she Obviousley thought at my old weight I was going to die!!!shes only 10 !!

I'm post op but I had to post...
One of my fave results of the weight loss is being able to cross my legs properly... now whenever I sit down I automatically cross my legs, I think it's my body catching up on the many years of not being able to do it!!! lol
Oh and being able to sit in a budget airline seat with the belt done up & have room to have the table down & be comfortable!
Oh & passing my medical at work & being fit enough to complete my 3 week arrest training course after 5 years of putting it off :)
Having the confidence to go on a date & meet the love of my life who I've just agreed to marry... Just waiting for a ring & for him to propose properly!
When I think about it now I think there are far too many positives for me to post!!! But all I know is that having my op was the best decision I ever made & my life (&body&health) have only changed for the better!!!
Good luck to you all xxx

I thought of another one earlier, as the most amazing April shower storm happened as I was driving to my friend, creating extraordinary lights and shadows and reflections around:

I am a bit of an amateur photographer, with a preference for close ups of flowers and I can't bend down or lean forward etc... I am looking forward to being capable of walking in gardens and woods, and being able to get my angles properly, even at ground level if required.

Great thread!!

mine would have to be:

Crossing my legs
wearing heels
having a bath
fitting my bottom in any seat and not panicing about getting stuck!

Back