• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Things i'm looking forwards to......

Funny how much this thread has got me thinking!

I am doing this for my health, but now I am thinking of all the added bonuses, and last night in bed, as I was massaging my aching fingers, I thought of one more thing: Being able to put my engagement and wedding rings back on for the first time in years. :)

Good thread!

Being able to run around with my children

Going to see my inlaws abroad again, we haven't been for a few years, as I'm too embarrassed for them to see me,and to go in plane and having to ask for a belt extension. Last time I had to do that, I pretended to be pregnant to ease the embarrassment

Buying nicer clothing

Not being the only fat mum at the school gates

Being able to exercise

Not getting out of breath so quickly

Not being asked if I'm pregnant

Eat out without feeling awkward

Not worrying about seats, if they'd hold my weight or I'd get my bum stuck in there

Not worrying about becoming diabetic like the rest of my family

Awesome thread.

I can relate with so many things here but for me it has to be;

General health benefits
Greater life expectancy
Being able to do more with my son
Able to exercise more
Less judgement from other parents
Easier to travel
And probably my least important, cosmetic changes.

My greatest fear is still the loss of identity as I've always been a big loon.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Awesome thread.

I can relate with so many things here but for me it has to be;

General health benefits
Greater life expectancy
Being able to do more with my son
Able to exercise more
Less judgement from other parents
Easier to travel
And probably my least important, cosmetic changes.

My greatest fear is still the loss of identity as I've always been a big loon.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery
I have never been slim so at the moment my head is full of concerns (not sure that's the right word) about losing my identity but as someone has pointed out I will still be me, still caring, still too full of advice lol the only changes will be on the outside

looking forward to a six pack instead of a keg & by all accounts a slightly larger todger???

I am looking forward to no longer worrying when I get invited out with the girls, not having to worry about what to wear, what will cover my arms, my bum, my whole body, lol

I am also looking forward to summer this year and hopefully not having to worry about looking awful in summer dresses, and sweating under my boobs (sorry if to much info) but thats what I can't wait for!!!

also looking forward to being able to go on amusement park rides,not due to height restriction,but being unable to get the safety bar across me,instead of having the humiliation of having to get off whilst all other punters snigger

Loving this thread. I can identify with many of these but here are mine: Getting off my diabetes pills and sleep apnoea machine, fitting in café seats or garden chairs, fitting in tight spaces, having no more fatty layers rub against each other and creating sores, wearing nice clothes other girls my age are wearing, finding a nice wedding dress, dancing, running around a track, being able to have a guide dog without worrying I wouldn't work it enough,... And so many others that were already mentioned. I can also totally identify with no longer breaking toilet seats.

Im 3 months post op, and nearly 4 1/2 stone down, so I'm lucky to have begun to realise some of my things that I was looking forward too.

So far:
I can shop in normal shops - I'm just about size 20-22 now instead of 26-28.
Seatbelts are no longer a problem.
I dont feel quite so clumsy - haven't broken anything or fallen over for ages.
Not as self-conscious, I'm beginning to feel 'normal'.
I'm more agile and have more stamina in the 'bedroom'.
Not as sweaty and red faced, lol.
Swimming regularly.
Eating out, and not feeling like a greedy cow. I now choose starters or childrens portions, it makes me laugh how I get all these surprised looks.

But I'm still looking forward too:
The biggie: my fertility improving and trying for a baby.
My fitness increasing, I want to climb Scarfel pike or Snowdon next year. I so want me and my hubby to be a cool active couple, lol. (My husband had joined the gym and has lost a stone to support me).
Going shopping with my best friend - and maybe actually buying something and enjoying it (shock horror!).

Hi I'm having my op on Monday and I can't wait to be able to get a lovely dress and it doesn't cling to my tummy and go to a theme park and fit onto a ride it's exciting but scary to. One one day of pre op diet
Annette

I am definitely making one of these lists for myself, and putting it in my wallet for times when the gastric band is not my friend!

Being medication free, no pain in my legs and knees, buying clothes off the peg without having to try them on, being able to run without keeling over, not having to worry if I'm gonna fit in a seat or not and having general good overall health and being able to help others hit there weight loss goals

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Ohh I am looking forward in having a baby. I can't wait, it will be a dream come true.

Back