• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Things i'm looking forwards to......

Great thread!

- Wearing jeans
- Ditto, pretty undies
- Not being the only fat member of my family (as my mum so frequently tells me ...)
- Yes, the whole plane seat thing
- Shopping in any shop

And, most of all, knowing that I've done A Really Good Thing for my health.

I just found this its brilliant & has so many things I can't wait to be able to do & some I never thought of.

One thing for me is that my daughters won't have to worry about me Keeling over and having a weight related attack of some kind like I used to with my mother. I used to make all sorts of excuses to stay home from school to keep an eye on her because I was so scared and I never wanted my girls to feel that fear. My mother has had a sleeve and is loosing weight slowly, looking back it may have been silly of me but it was a real fear. I look forward to being healthy again :)

I'm looking forward to Booking a holiday in an ice hotel without fear of not being able to wear the necessary body suit. Coming off my diabetes medication. Running for the bus. Being able to pick up a penny for luck when I see it. Fitting in plane/restaurant/office seats. Having my first go on a roller coaster. Sitting on my partners knee. Being picked up and swung around. Dancing all night without paying for it the next day. Putting my socks on stood up. Fastening up my coats without the buttons popping. Borrowing my sisters clothes. Choosing to walk the long way. Being a "normal" size adult for the first time

I've just re-found this thread from a year ago. Pre-op and now almost a year later and 8 stone lighter I'm thrilled to see I've achieved all but one of my wishes. My favourite achievement is coming off my diabetes medication and fitting in seats! The one I've yet to do is the roller coaster. My sister has this in hand though and she's bought me a day trip for a theme park in May. So excited and nervous. I feel like I'm living all of my dreams. Int life great!

I've just re-found this thread from a year ago. Pre-op and now almost a year later and 8 stone lighter I'm thrilled to see I've achieved all but one of my wishes. My favourite achievement is coming off my diabetes medication and fitting in seats! The one I've yet to do is the roller coaster. My sister has this in hand though and she's bought me a day trip for a theme park in May. So excited and nervous. I feel like I'm living all of my dreams. Int life great!
Whoops just realised I haven't done the ice hotel but have absolutely no desire to do this now. The cold and I are no longer friends!

To come OFF ALL MY MEDICATION blood pressure tablets, water tablets most importantly which cause me so many side effects. Also to get rid of this pre diabetic condition. 2. Be able to awalk around in summer with out having to be so sweaty hot and uncomfortable 3. being able to hug my partner and fam with out feeling embarrassed about the fat wobbley bits 4. get undressed with out turning the light off 5. be able to walk very far and do a marathon to help raise money for a charity like cancer research etc.

I'm looking forward to wearing normal size clothes.not having aches and pains every where and not having to do a 3 point turn to get out of bed lol.

Back