• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The very begining!

DizzyFlowers

Hi all!!
I finally plucked up the courage to go to the doctors to discuss weightloss surgery and it went well.
I had a diabetes test first and it came back that I was pre diabetic.
Iv always been a chunk but now im over 19stone, bmi of 41.
My dad and grandad have heart disease, My dad had a heart attack at age 39 and My grandads had two and his brother died of heart attack.

Youd think this would be enough to shock me into doing it alone, but Iv come to realise it isnt that simple.

So. My doctor has refered me to the tier 3 weight management programme which from what iv read on here is for 6months, although i have seen some people mention only doing it for 12weeks, im unsure why tho.

Im excited that my journey has started but Im also nervous. I think because i dont fully understand how it works,my bmi is 41 so i know i qualify. But if i lost weight in the 6months and fall under does that mean i no longer qualify? Or does the family history and the prediabetes mean anything?

Im aware i could be waiting a while to be invited to the tier 3 plan, i cant help but want it all now lol.

Xx

Hello !
Just popped up to say good luck in all you wish for

Hi dizzy, welcome to the forum.

I think the criteria is different in different areas and the whole process can be so varied, and challenging. They don't do that Tier 3 thingy in my area so from referral to operation it was 7 months for me. Very lucky really.

Good luck on your journey :)

I can't help with your questions as I self funded, just wanted to say hi and good luck x

Hi I can't help with your questions but just wanted to welcome you to this great site

Lynn x

Locally it's often a year. Try to see it as being better prepared & more likely to get the most out of it in the end maybe?

hi dizzy i go to l n d hospital im on tier 3 and mine is a year as my bmi was under 50 i am 3 months into my journey still have a long way to go i am pretty sure you would still qualify as you are pre diabetic and i know they do bariatric surgery on people who have bmi of 35 -40 who have diabetes good luck on your journey and looking forward to reading more :D x

Hi dizzy. Just wanted to say good luck!!

Sm

Xx

Back