• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lloyds pharmacy healthy heart check

PurpleKylie22

Im going to try again asking the GP for help before I try asking them to refer my to Leicester, its so far and traveling back and forth will be hell. Now my dad died at 47 of a heart attack and his dad died of heart attack before I was born so he was very young too. I'm thinking before I go see the doc I go to Lloyds and get one of their healthy heart tests, I would like to know if I have high cholesterol so that I can add that to the doctor and ask if she can include that on the referral for bariatric surgery, also ask If I should go on xenical again or not? I did it before but only for 3-4 months, it wasnt making a difference to me and I ended up pregnant... lol But maybe If I did it again and stuck with it until I get a referral through somewhere they can see that I have done it for longer? But i dont know if theres any point since it didnt help me. I just dont want them to say no I havent tried it for long enough...

Anyway back to the point, lloyds pharmacy healthy heart check, Anyone had one? What do they do and do you have to pay (on benefits so money really sucks right now)?

Hun why go and pay when your doctors can do it for free. i know they do in my area the heart thing free but the cholestral test is about £12..and you wont get it any cheaper on benifits.
Just make an appointment with your doctors and ask for a cholestral and heart check up... they will take bloods and urine... you will prob have to fast from midnight the night before. When you doctor asks why you want it done.. just tell him/her that you are just worried it maybe high... ask then if they can check your blood glucose aswell xx

Hun why go and pay when your doctors can do it for free. i know they do in my area the heart thing free but the cholestral test is about £12..and you wont get it any cheaper on benifits.
Just make an appointment with your doctors and ask for a cholestral and heart check up... they will take bloods and urine... you will prob have to fast from midnight the night before. When you doctor asks why you want it done.. just tell him/her that you are just worried it maybe high... ask then if they can check your blood glucose aswell xx

Well I have thought about that but when I mentioned it to the doctor before she kind of dismissed my concerns and she did order blood tests, but I'm not sure what for and no one ever told me the results...

Then go back hun... your entitled to have them blood tests... and if its anything like my surgery... you need to ring back for the results xx

When I was accepted on the 'plan' at Luton and Dunstable I had to have a whole raft of tests including all those you mentioned plus a whole lot more so You'll likely get them anyway

When I was accepted on the 'plan' at Luton and Dunstable I had to have a whole raft of tests including all those you mentioned plus a whole lot more so You'll likely get them anyway

I've been rejected from the plan in Grampian because my BMI is under 60 :( Hopefully I can find another way to get in, my MSP just sent them an awesome letter on my behalf so lets hope it helps!

Back