• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This is my "regret" day

slimmerkay

Feeling down today and have no idea why. I've taken my anti-depressants regularly now for a over a week.

I missed breakfast because I was in a rush to get into town and then went for a coffee but there was NOTHING I could eat at all. And all I really wanted was a piece of toast. I just wanted to cry :cry:

And that set off the "Oh god what have I done. I shouldn't have done it." thoughts :(

Sorry to be a downer :(

Sorry to hear that Karen. I hope tomorrow is better love.
I'm sure it will be. You've had such a busy time what with the move and everything. I'm sure you're very tired and that won't be helping.
Sending big hugs
Charis xxx

Ah Karen you know i'm hearing you loud & clear, i went out yesterday with my aunt just for a drive & she said (bless her!) lets stop for lunch, lets remember i've only just started pureed! so i thought ok i may be able to try & little soup, guess what that day there was no soup at the place that has soup every blinking day! so there i sat sipping my fruit tea whilst she had a cheese scone dripping in butter & a teacake, i know she didn't mean to do it, i just don't think people (unless your there) understand what its all about, i'm sending a big smile your way :D & hope that tomorrow is a better day ;)

Karen don't be sorry-we need to know about how you are feeling(so we can (((hug))) you)+
-its good for us pre-oppers to hear:)

Oh babes... you've had SO much on yr plate recently! I'm sure we'll all get days like that, I've not had regret day but I've had days were I've been low & tired!

Once we get to a point when the weight thats gone actually shows & makes a difference then I'm sure our regret days will be fewer & fewer.

HUgs. x

hi Karen, sorry you feeling down, but remember how well you doing, you been busy like me moving etc. maybe missing your meal dropped your blood sugars etc. hope you feeling back to your sunny self tomoz hun. Big hug xx

Hi Karen, bad day eh? Not suprising really - lets see, Major op, serious food restriction, food crutch removed, adjusting to antidepressant uptake oh and don't forget the minor little thing called MOVING HOUSE in how many weeks??? You feel a little down - how dare you????

Seriously, take a step back and listen to me young lady.
YOU, yes YOU karen are an inspiration to me and I hope I do half as well as you have post op.

Firstly, don't ever leave the house without breakfast again. Yes it is ridiculous that there was nothing for you to choose in a coffee shop but never ever leave it to chance. You deserve to put yourself first and if you are late you are late, You need sustinance on a regular basis after your bypass or you will hit rock bottom. Food has been our crutch for so long and even after bypass and the small amounts tollerated it is likely to still be high on our agenda. Buy a small tupperware and take your weetabix etc in your bag and ask them for warm milk for example, never leave yourself in this position again.

Secondly, you just have to be exhausted both mentally and phyically after the last few weeks. Make sure you get enough rest AND relaxation to recharge your batteries.

Thirdly, give you surgery a call and ask to speak to your GP foir advice regarding your antidepressants post op. He.she may alter them to give you an extra lift.

No 4 - focus on all that weight you are going to lose in the coming months and the good things to come. Make a list of the things you hated about being fat and all the things you want to achieve over the next 12 months.

Last but not least ACCEPT A HUGE VIRTUAL HUG FROM ME!!!

God I sound like a bossy matron don't I?????

LINSKI XXXXXX

Last edited:
I agree with Linski. Kay you've gone thru a major upheaval coupled with fact u've had major surgery!!!!

Hope ur feeling better soon ....

Karen, there has been a lot going on during the last few days, rest and looking after yourself... still very early days...

Love and hugs xxx

Karen, give yourself a big kick up the boot! Linski is absolutely right about all that has happened in the space of what? A month?

In future when you are in a rush grab some cereal in your tupperware tub and take it with you! However, i doubt this situation of not being able to eat ANYTHING will come up again, if it does when you get to where you're going and they can't feed you go elsewhere!

It won't be long until you are on 'normal' foods, you keep your head up girl you've done wonderful so far and you will succeed to shine and inspire us all xx

Thanks for your support folks. Beverlie, thank you for the pm.

I've been off line because first my i phone went in for repair - overnight. Then they sent it away to be repaired and didn't even ask first if that was ok :eek: I don't get it back till Monday.

Then yesterday morning, just as I was logging on, the computer died. Thought it was the power lead circuit box burned out so rang hubby and he said he'd pick one up. He forgot :mad:. He's just nipped home today for lunch with one and it's not that that's the problem :( So now the laptop is going in for repair :sigh:

I'm using sis-in-law's pc but can't get on here very often.

The GP surgery mucked up my prescription for post-op supplements and meds. They didn't provide any Fastab antacid because it wasn't really clear on Mr Ammori's letter if I still needed it .IT IS - I got a copy of the letter - but anyway, what they couldn't phone me and ask? So I've ran out of those Sunday and wont have any till this afternoon.

Then they took it upon themselves to provide 1 tab a day of 325mg iron instead of the 2 tabs a day at 200mg each that Mr Ammori instructed. Waitiing for bariatric nurse to call back to see if I should chase this.

And the multivit I have is like a flaming horse tablet. Honestly I swear it is massive and swalling it is hell.

So, I still feel down - but think that may be that my anti-depressant dosage needs adjusting. I can't eat breakfast because by the time I taken my tabs with milk (water just wont get them down) I am full up and can't eat. And eating is going to well overall anyway. Everything irritates my stomach and makes me feel crap - but could that be because I've had no Fastab since Sunday?

Anyway, sorry to be such a moany cow! I can't get on line much for now anyway and hopefully by the time I do I will feel better.

Thinking of you all as always. Anyone having ops or appointments good luck.

Now less of that!! ;) You're not a moany cow, there is only room for one of them on this forum & its me :)

I hope you get ur meds sorted ASAP & get ur eating back on track. Remember to take care & try not to overdo things (easier said than done!).

Take care

Now less of that!! ;) You're not a moany cow, there is only room for one of them on this forum & its me :)

I hope you get ur meds sorted ASAP & get ur eating back on track. Remember to take care & try not to overdo things (easier said than done!).

Take care

Thanks love. I was wondering - how did your appointment go on Wednesday?

Thanks love. I was wondering - how did your appointment go on Wednesday?

I went okay, I was 1kg over my weight which she said was okay. Hospital scales not same as mine at home or at my doc's, but hey ho, I got thru!!

So I go in tomorrow at 3pm & get my op Saturday sometime :fingerscrossed:

Thanks ;)

Glad you are feeling better Karen, it's been a hectic time and you are sounding more like your old self today.

I left the pm after your surgery and just to wish you well and hope that all is going to plan with the house move and getting settled.

Don't over do things it is still early days xxx

Karen it very likely is the lack of Fast tab which is making you feel yuck. Hopefully it'll be better as soon as you have it again. Maybe you could try having breakfast and then taking your pills afterwards?
Sending hugs. You're not moany, you're feeling low. Be gentle and kind to yourself honey.
Charis xxx

Just to let you know Karen, from a post opper, that things do get better. All these silly things that add up to one big thing get smaller as time goes on.

You made me smile when you mentioned taking the tabs and then trying to eat breakfast, it is a juggling trick, but you will be very good at juggling soon.

Hope you are feeling better, just relax hun. xxxxx

I went okay, I was 1kg over my weight which she said was okay. Hospital scales not same as mine at home or at my doc's, but hey ho, I got thru!!

So I go in tomorrow at 3pm & get my op Saturday sometime :fingerscrossed:

Thanks ;)

Oh that's fabulous news! That has cheered me up today :D

Back