• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This Milk Diet Is So Hard!!!!

noreenb

Hi everyone -

It's my first day on the pre-op milk diet and it's soooo hard. I'm not hungry but my mind is telling me to eat a HUGE cheese sandwich....help!

xxx

Hi Noreen, drink plenty to fill you up and then find something to do lol. Stay on here, go out for a walk or even visit friends just keep away from the fridge!!! You will find it gets easier as the days pass. How long are you on this for?? What are you allowed??

Hi Noreen, I was on the milk diet - 2 pints of milk, 2 yoghurts and bovril drink. It was horrible for the first 3 days but then did get better. I put pretend sugar and vanilla essence in the milk so it tasted like milk shake. I hate normal milk. Good luck to you and try and keep strong. It is totally vital that you do. A couple of people have posted here that they have gone down for the op and then been sent back up again because of no reduction in liver.
How many days are you doing? I did 8 x

Oh Noreen good luck it must be so hard, but you can do it.
I will likely be put on mines when I go back in August, and I am dreading it as it will take me right through my hols...............aaarrrgghhh!!! However it must be done as Jenni says its the link to a successful op, so come on hunny bunny ......you like milk.....milk is lovely........it is so good for me..........it will help get me my op and lose me lots of lovely fatty pounds!!! Go Noreen, go Noreen xxx

Jay xx

first 3 days are the worst then it easy i still remember the 500 trips [per day to the toilet lol fizzy water great way to fill up and crusha sugar free milkshake was my life saver

hi im on day 4 and i have to say the first 2 days was the killer im much better now gaynor is right get out see people do other things than you usually do i want to the cinema today my friend who is helping me is giving up smoking as well so we have both been a bundle of laughs today!! i have to say it will get better from someone who is going through it! band for me wed!!!

good luck with it Noreen...it's not the easiest of diets, but good practice for after your op :hug99::hug99:

Hi Noreen - this is my 6th day on the milk diet and i have to say i am no longer hungry (mind still would like a butty but it will never happen) Day 4 was the worst i would have killed for food any type of food but i just kept busy.

Have taken tips from others that have been on the diet and i have one of my yogs with sf jelly when my husband has his tea so that i can join in with the teatime thing. Also putting yog in blender with 6 ice cubes and milk makes a great shake and it takes ages to get down. You really need to just keep busy - sending you hugs with fairy dust to help your diet to get easier x

Thanks everyone for the support. I don't have any yogurts on my diet. It's milk, sugar free jelly, sugar free drinks and bovril.....would love a yogurt....I'm hanging in there.....size 10 size 10 size 10....here I come size 10.......lol xxxxx

Well done with the milk diet so far, you will be just fine. I personally am dreading doing it myself but i know it has to be done! ((Hugs))

Back