• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Three & a half years post op

louket

Hi,

Looking for some support and advice.

Had a bypass in January 2008 with a starting weight of 156.6kg (24 stone 9lbs). My journeys been excellent and relatively straight forward. No post op complications or issues and managed to drop 50kg in the first year.

Since then it's been hardwork. Anyone who tells you that a bypass is a miracle cure is lying to you. I'm in the gym 90 minutes a day, 5 days a week and am careful about what I eat but my body refuses to shift past 92kg.

My lowest weight ever has been 88kg but as soon as I hit that my body immediately plateaus and pushes me back up and I've bounced between 92kg and 98kg for the last 18 months.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The exercise has made me a size 14 despite carrying a lot of weight but I need to get down to 80kg to get approved for fertility treatment.

I'm now on the Cambridge diet to drop the additional weight and have already shifted 18 of the 35lbs I need to.

Just wondered if anyone had any long term advice on how to keep losing once the benefits of the bypass wear off

Back