• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thyroid ???

teresa/steve

:) Hi , hubby would like to know if anybody else is on thyroid pills and have they had to have the dose lowered?He is on 300mg a day and is having some problems and was wondering has anybody else?:wave_cry:

how long has hubby been on them? When I was first diagnosed it was a very gradual process and am now on 350mg (I started on50mg and worked my way up) and this has settled down eventually. But you often go up then back down adjusting the dose and as with anything it takes a while for your body to adjust.
Give him my best and hopefully your doctor will get it sorted

Hi he has been on them for about 10yrs but since the op he has lost nearly 6 stone , so lm thinking maybe they need adjusting, its looking like another trip to doc l suppose. All the meds he is on will probably get changed l should think but just posting to see if anyone had same problems xx

I would as I do know the amount you take can relate to the amount of weight you carry so he will probably get his dosage reduced

good luck

Hi, yes I had my dose reduced from 200mg to 175mg. If he is getting palpitations or any other symptom, then he should get it checked out xxx

This is one of the things on my list of questions for the surgeon!

I've been on Levothyroxine for UAT for over 20 years. I did once get told many years ago when at weight management (for the umpteenth time) that regardless of any weight loss it would be unlikely to affect the dosage - I could come off the diabetes meds but would probably still need the thyroxine. Hopefully the surgeon or my GP will be able to clarify things...

Hi just an update, Steve had blood tests last wed and been docs today and the results are he is now on 3 times to much, the sypmtoms he has been getting have been horrible for him , anyway now he has to stop all meds for a week and the consultant will try to sort it out but he will now be on regular blood tests(should have been in the first place argh!!)to monitor if on the right amount .So a word of advice for anybody on thyroxine beware and get checked often.xx

thank goodness you have it sorted.

best of luck when he returns to the medication

Thanks, l just wish people who think this is an easy way out knew all the hard work etc that it takes, a lot of the general public havnt got a clue, sorry ranting l just get worked up when he hits a rough patch but he will bounce back, and he is looking good only a few months down the long road xx

Know what you mean!! when I said I was looking at surgery the common one was 'well just eat less' Yeh we would all be skinny if it was that simple!!

good luck to you both

Thanks for the update - hope that Steve is sorted soon! I'll definitely have to raise it with the surgeon and my GP and keep an eye on it.

Back