• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

time of the month..again

emma&alex

hey

i had my band fitted just over 2 weeks ago, (24th), on 23rd july i came on my period. well yesterday i started again.
is it quite normal for this kinda thing to be happening? ive never ever had a regular period, come on once every 2/3 months or so.

Hi Emma, you say that your periods were irregular before hand? Have you lost a bit of weight on your pre op diet and over the last few weeks? I find that over a certain weight mine dissapear, or show up every other month, and when i loose a bit they come back, sometimes like you a few times in a month, but they usually setle down and get back to some sort of normality after a while.
They may be "sorting themselves out" ? xxx

Hi Emma, you say that your periods were irregular before hand? Have you lost a bit of weight on your pre op diet and over the last few weeks? I find that over a certain weight mine dissapear, or show up every other month, and when i loose a bit they come back, sometimes like you a few times in a month, but they usually setle down and get back to some sort of normality after a while.
They may be "sorting themselves out" ? xxx

yeah they were very irregular before, and ive lost 2 stone in the last 4 weeks...my first period came after 2 weeks on the pre op diet, and my second period this month came just yesterday (2 weeks after that)
hopefully it'll just calm down a bit.

im a right grumpy cow! and i love a bit of chocolate on my period, so ive had an options to keep it at bay!

Awwww, hope you feel better soon hun, enjoy your chocky!!!! I'm soooooo jealous, i'd kill for a sniff of it at the moment, I'm on the pre op tourture plan! lol xx

When I've done Cambridge diet in the past my periods go all over the shop.

It's something to do with how your hormones react when you are on a very low calorie diet and in ketosis.

No doubt when you are eating a little more they will settle down. 2 stone in 4 weeks is a huge shock for your body, your body will take a while to get used to things!

I had my bypass on the monday and i started my period on the Thursday, 2 weeks early, normally you can set your watch by my period! That helps my hubby, he has it on his phone when i am due on, ready to brace himself!

hi emma i had a gastric bypass on 13 jan and my totm has been as follows.
15th jan normal
no period in feb
14th march to 15th april constant flow
then every 3 weeks for more than 7 days till
1st august when i had gone 28 days and had a 5 day cycle.
apparently its caused by extreme weight loss our hormones are all over the place xx

Ooh - I have a question. I have a contraceptive implant and so don't get periods. Will this be affected by surgery I wonder :eek:

i have the implant and didnt have rag weeks prior to surgery, since ive had the op ive had them :(

i have the implant and didnt have rag weeks prior to surgery, since ive had the op ive had them :(

Oh no :( I kind of like living without them, lol.

I had my bypass on the monday and i started my period on the Thursday, 2 weeks early, normally you can set your watch by my period! That helps my hubby, he has it on his phone when i am due on, ready to brace himself!

Sorry YL, But that's so funny! ha ha ha I should tell mine so he knows when to expect my mood change, love it. :8855:

Sorry YL, But that's so funny! ha ha ha I should tell mine so he knows when to expect my mood change, love it. :8855:
lol K8Y i can be such a cow, now when i am horrible to him, he looks how far D Day is away lol

my mood swings have been shocking!
i don't know how I've still got a boyfriend, if i were him i'd have dumped me by now.

one minute im the happiest person alive, full of energy & laughing...next minute i'm in a raging mood ready to cry/shout for nothing at all.
it happened yesterday, and I hadn't even done anything, or spoken to anyone. I was just sat here browsing the net & suddenly got a right stinker on.

oh and thanks for repies girls, nice to know i'm not the only one with them all over the show!

i had the implant put in a month after my surgery in April....did not get on well with it after a couple weeks i came on and still havent stopped :(
had it taken out last week...so now just hoping it will all settle down again

I know we all store hormones in a fat cells so now we are burning them all up we get a bit hormonal for a while lol

Ooh - I have a question. I have a contraceptive implant and so don't get periods. Will this be affected by surgery I wonder :eek:

i had my implant in b4 sugery(march 2010) and had none but since my op i have been having them and last 2 months more than 1 went to Gp and she has given me 3 months worth of the pill to take on top and then hopefully they will regain some normaility

yeah i started taking the mini pill with mine in the hope it would help but it didn't so now am just on the pill...still waiting for it to settle down lol

been told to try this for the next couple of months see if it helps if not then i may try the injection instead....or just stop taking anything lol

Back