• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time off after op for banders

Rache

looking for my mojo
Hi all..... what is the average time expected to be off work after a banding op?

I'm looking at my interview for new job and will need to arm myself with as much info as possible me thinks ref time off.
Will I be able to work short periods of time on the pc at home do you think?

I'm trying to be as flexible as I can you see.

Thanks in advance xxxx

I went back after 2 weeks off. I probably could have gone back sooner if I'd not got an infection in one of my wounds but with working in a vets, I waited till the infection was well under control.

Oooh...I'm glad someone asked this. Can't help I'm afraid but I want to know the answers too. I'm expecting to have my bypass in approx 3 weeks.

Lisa :)

Hi
I am on day 7 and if I had a job (other than full time mum) I woudl have gone back today everyone is different and i think you get a 2 week sick note to start off with hth x
helen

i had two weeks off i was well ready to go back prob could of gone back after a week!!! but everyone is different!!

Hiya, I was off work for a week and 6 days. But could probably have gone back after about 8/9 days (this was when the bumps in the road whilst driving were easier for me). If the job is more physical then it may take it out of you if you go back too soon, I was also told not to lift or carry anything heavy for 6 weeks after the op, but as my job is spent behind a desk most of time, it wasn't an issue for me.
Everyone recovers differently, but I wouldn't have thought it'd be any more than 2 weeks. :)

Katie X

non heavy lifting job sit down job 2-3 weeks, lifting manual job 6 weeks plus depends on ya job x

As Liz said it depends on the job you will be doing. Everyone is different so will recover at different time levels. I would have been ready to go back in around 2 weeks if I'd had to. Don't rush into anything untill you know you're 100% ready as going back too soon could result in you needing more time off sick. Good luck with getting the jobxx

I had my op on a Saturday and was back at work after the bank holiday Monday - so took 5 days off. I have to drive a lot with my job and was fine to go back. Went to see the practise nurse on the Friday and was given the ok to drive and go back to work.

Unless you have problems with wounds etc as Yvonne did, you will be advised 1 week is sufficient for a non manual job.

I am a slow healer but didnt know as hadnt had an op before and it took me 2 weeks to get into bed had to sleep o sofa as stomach muscles were so sore and I couldnt get up. I could go back to work on the 3rd week but hopefully you will be a quick healer. Good luck ;-)

I had op(gastric band sils) on Sat pm went back to work Monday am but took it very easy for 5 days . Felt great apart from tired about 3pm every day so i kept taking time owing for the 5 days. Mia

well done! When is it?

I'm interested to know how soon people were driving after having their band fitted.

Hi everyone!

I took a weeks holiday then went back to work after my band was fitted in September. I had the op on Saturday and I was driving again the following Friday. I felt a little shaky only because I wasnt getting much down my at the time but I have to say getting back to work made me forget about the little niggly pains and recover much quicker.

Good luck with the interview. xx

I drove 8 days after but only round the corner after 2 weeks I was fine driving anywhere x

Back