• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

time off work

luv2bskinny

just wondering how long did ppl take off work after having lap-band surgery? my mum finks i should only need a week but i just fink if i go bk 2 early i may damage myself ha i only work in a call centre so i am only sitting all day x

Hiya

A week maybe enough, it was for me but everyone is different. Its not really possible to say for sure - sorry not much help! x

As a bypasser i can't say how long you'll be off... But as someone who has had major invasive surgery i can say that your body will need time to recover, the anaesthetic can be exhausting...

The best advice i or anyone can give you is to listen to your body not your mother xx

im having a sleeve, and im taking my 2 weeks holiday for it!!! as i dont get sick pay eeek hope ill be ready x

omg they d be furious tho........ x

hmmm its a wait n see sweets, i remember mixxy saying he went back after 3 and he was a desk job to... eeek a week, seems very early mind you im only taking two hmmm xx

I went back to work after 3 weeks and I have a desk job. It's pretty stressful and very busy. I found I was still sore during the day, so worked from home for the rest of the week. I also found a was absolutely exhausted each day with the commute to London and the working day itself. This week has been much better, apart from the not being able to keep anything done. I had a bypass. It's all down to how you feel, but don't push yourself too much if you don't feel up to it. You health is much more important! Xx

I too commute to London and feel that it is the commute that will be the problem rather than the work. I have advised work I will be off for two weeks sick and then possibly two weeks holiday afterwards.

I had a week in hospital for my bypass (normal for my surgeon) and was signed off for another 2 weeks. My GP then signed me off for a further 2 weeks. I then did a phased return for another 3 weeks, working mostly at home with occasional days in the office. Don't underestimate how tiring normal life is for a while, let alone the stress of work. And commuting takes a lot out too.

i had my op on 25th jan ...although it was a bypass i am only ready to go back this monday coming and i know i will be exhausted x

i defo think i wil be taking 2 weeks off just so i no i am fine, i can take as long as i want as i am entitled 2 a couple of weeks sick, dont fink i could do longer then 2 or i would go insane ha x

I had the sleeve on a Thursday and was able to return to work on the following Tuesday. I manage a call center. Do you have to adhere to a schedule? If so, what percentage do you have to meet adherence? I was fortunate because I could step away from my desk. If you have to meet a 90% schedule adherence, for example, it could definitely be more difficult.

mor or less th same as u, i can step away from my desk at any time, i fink i wil not know really untill i ave t op nd c how i feel x

luv2bskinny said:
mor or less th same as u, i can step away from my desk at any time, i fink i wil not know really untill i ave t op nd c how i feel x

The important thing is to listen to your body. It will let you know when you're ready. I get a little stir crazy if I'm away from work for a few days and it's not for a fun vacation.

Back