• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time off work?

All went well with my op and recovery. I had a week of work.

Everyone is different though and recovery times vary, it also depends on the sort of work you do!

Hi toll, I had a week and a half off work, I work with service users with mental health problems and or learning disabilties which at times can be physically demanding. I went back for 2 days, then had a week boooked off for annual leave, so in total almost 3 weeks. However I found this was more beneficial to my mental health rather than physical as it can be so demanding at times. As Mazza said we are all different so it depends on the individual, but I guess your body & mind will let you know when you are ready xx

I'm a week post surgery and am off, in fact Im actually not due to go back in until next wed, but that was cos I already had the time booked.

As it is, Im office based mainly, but would have felt perfectly ok going back after 5 or so days. . .am enjoying the extra time tho and not having to rush lol :)

I went back to work yesterday after 8 days post-op. I work as nurse in ICU and I felt absolutely fine. On my way there I was more emotionally disturbed to be honest but it all went well which is good because i really didn't want to have time off sick xx

Back