• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time off

Paula1975

heya

i am due to have op on 4th august, and i do a semi physical job in retail, i have read usually 2 weeks off but no lifting etc for 4 weeks, i know the doc will say how long to stay off for, but how long do you usually take off from work? my manager is being very supportive of me going through this

thnx :D

well if you don't have too lift then you'll probably be ok but if you do then you will need longer. xx

I was off work for 12 Weeks, I have a very physical and confrontational job though, do couldn't risk getting into a scuffle! Your doc will guide you and it sounds like your boss is understanding. xx

say to them 2-4 weeks and that covers you but everyone is different i am 4 weeks post op and not allowed back for at least another 2 weeks

I find this very interesting as I hope to be off for four weeks two if I can but feel four then go back on light duties

heya

i am due to have op on 4th august, and i do a semi physical job in retail, i have read usually 2 weeks off but no lifting etc for 4 weeks, i know the doc will say how long to stay off for, but how long do you usually take off from work? my manager is being very supportive of me going through this

thnx :D

i had my op 11th June and back at work on 5th July, i feel great.

Depends on how you feel yourself, everyone is different had 3 weeks off felt ok but then got shingles due to quick weight loss and low immune system, now 9 weeks post op and some days get really tired job isn't physically demanding but very pressurised and mentally demanding x

I personally think everyone is different there is no set time when I had my gastroplasty back in 89 I started a new job within 2 weeks although there was some lifting I got others to do that I did the driving and of course the puking lol.

I work in a school teaching & supporting low ability pupils. I was signed off for 3 wks which ran into the school holidays by the time I went back I had 9wks off. Others on here with physical jobs like yours or more so have had longer than my initial note & even than my final time off. Follow the docs advise liaise with your hso at work for what can be done to accommodate the docs guidance around your job so you can perhaps go back to limited duties easier without expectations of being fully fit for your normal role until your ready.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back