• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Work????? How much time should I have off...

x.Nicky.x

I am worried I havent booked enough time off work...

Having gastric band on a tuesday (18/07) wednesday and thursday annual leave and then working from home friday and monday...

I am a payroll manager so office based but I am up and down all day.

How long did you guys have off work??

Do I need to book more :/

HELP PLZZZZ lol xxx

It's really difficult to say as everyone is different and recovers at different rates but I can tell you what my experience was :D

I had my band in on a Saturday, home Sunday and Monday was a Bank Holiday. I was then working at home Wednesday onwards and back in the office the following Monday. At the time I was field based so lots of driving but I was allowed to be office based for a week to get back to full strength.

I had a week off after my band removal and was well enough to go back but had two weeks off after my sleeve and probably could of done with another week. Although I was on relatively light duties, I was exhausted after my first week back.

You might be ok with what you have planned but could you work at home a bit longer if needs be? xx

Thanks Mazza, really helpful!

Yep I would hope so, I have told my manager and she has been supportive so far so fingers crossed I can extend if needed xxx

I think if everything goes to plan you should be ok to go back to work after 2 weeks if your job is not physical . I've been signed off for 5 weeks with a bypass but I have had infection complications.

Thanks Andy, I feel so quilty though - I am currently on holiday for 2 weeks ..go back to work for a week and then I have an op...hense y i said I will only have 3 days off and then wfh... but i think I am just guna have to feel bad and if i need 2 weeks, i will just have to go down as sick.

Unfortunately it is manic at work at the moment and I have recruited new starters and I havent been around so it makes me feel worse :( xx

Just bear in mind, by having this surgery you are avoiding having future ailments & illnesses so overall you will have less sick time.

Very true :rolleyes:

Just got to focus on myself ask surgery as I will have a lot to get used to and worrying about other stuff wont help xxx

I am counting down the days now xx

Yes you should, don't worry about work & focus on getting your head around everything & your recovery.

The time will fly by & then you will start seeing the results of your hard word.

I did a lot of research beforehand, I just felt there were less complications, less aftercare needed & less chance of being able to cheat by eating slippery foods.
As it happens when I saw my surgeon I wouldn't have been suitable for a band or a sleeve due to acid reflux.

I had a bypass and I did have two weeks off .... but I could of got away with going back sooner. It's the first few days after your just a bit sore. But I was very lucky and felt great pretty much straight away xxx

I had a bypass around the same time as Carby2Barbie and was out of commission for about 2 months rather than 2 weeks due to issues with eating and drinking, severe nausea etc etc...so it's impossible to say for sure how much time you need, we're all different and things can always happen. Hopefully your recovery will be swift and without complications! Good luck with your upcoming surgery x

Back