• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tiredness causing problems

zns

Im feeling so tired lately (so much so that Im falling asleep really easily and thats rare for me) Im struggling to get out of bed before 1pm :( I know I should be getting up but I just cant make myself.

My pouch really hurts when I do get up as its so long since taking the last lanzoprazol(sp?) Im having to miss out breakfast and sometimes some other food to try and fit everything in in the day. Im struggling with fluids and its not helping the bowel issues. Missing food probably isnt helping the tiredness.

Anyone else experience this? Or any advice? Ive only just admitted it to myself that its an issue but its happened all week.

Hello, I am thinking of you...

Do you think it might help if you go back to your GP and ask for a range of blood tests?

It's still very early days post op and your body will be healing and adjusting, plus there are a lot of debilitating bugs around with so many changes in the weather.

Tiredness is a problem for a lot of us and I suffer with carrying so much weight... it's a big issue.

Maybe think about trying a new routine of getting up earlier and keeping a diary of times and meals... then have half an hour later if you are tired and try to get to bed early and up earlier.

I go to bed before 10.30pm most nights and get up with hubby and in my usual work routine every weekday at 7am... the routine keeps me going and it keeps everything in order with meal times, bowel movements etc...

I hope you can find what suits you and please ask me if I can help you in any way at all.

Sending love and humungous hug to you precious xxx

Thank you lovely. It could be low iron as I havent been taking my iron pills because of the constipation, could just be im still getting over the anesthetic I dont know really. My husband was back to work this week so isnt here to nag me out of bed. We always go to bed late which doesnt help.

I'll start taking the iron again I think and try to get to bed earlier x

Try and establish a new type of routine and don't miss breakfast... sometimes the more sleep you have the more you want...

A little light gentle exercise when you are ready may help you to get going Angel...

Love and hugs xxx

Try and get up at 9am and have breakfast and work into a new routine... I think this may help you and you may feel more motivated in the day too... set some goals Angel and keep me posted....

xxx

Well done and get your bloods checked over with your GP....

Hope you start to feel better very soon...

Breakfast is so important and you need to get into a good routine to help your body precious xxx

Without being harsh you aren't going to fit everything in if you're not getting out of bed till lunchtime!

Beverlie is right, you need to set up a routine and get up ready to start taking in all you need. Your pouch aching could perhaps be because you are so early out and it's still swollen but if this continues i'd speak to your team....

Set your routine up for the day and if you're tired at lunchtime have a little nap, set the alarm if need be so you only have 30 minutes, enough to take the edge off but not to stop you sleeping later on...

Good luck zns, you'll get your routine up and running and will travel along smoothly xx

Precious keep a time and food diary on here and we may be able to support you from a distance.

Sending every good wish and great to hear that you want to make improvements... it's a good place to start with breakfast and getting going.

Love and hugs xxx

zns if it helps i always start my day with a nice warm drink first... not sure if this softens things up or not but i eat fine after my half hour elapses, good luck x

I really hope so and as Julie says, start the day with a nice warm drink... sometimes I have to write down what I hope to achieve... we all need to set some little goals...it really helps...

Love and hugs xxx

I leave for work at 645am i could call you then ha ha to get you up for breakfast! Seriously it is early days and you will still feel very tired. Also the constipation will be making you sluggish so its little wonder you are feeling the way you are. Bev is right when she says try and establish a routine, as you have said yourself hun missing meals and not taking enough fluid on board is not helping you. I found eating little and often kept me topped up and i kept a bottle of nas juice beside me all the time. Have 40 winks at points throughout the day until you gain your energy back. I too had to cut back on my iron for the same reason as you hence the regular use of Movicol. Just give yourself time to establish your rountine and get used to your new lifestyle it will take time. Big hugs for better days soon for you xx

hi zns,

we have both had our ops near the same time,and Im glad you wrote this,as Im just the same..feeling very tired.
I have to get up at 6-7 in the morning because of the children,but its very hard to get through the morning without having a little sleep at the minute.
My hubby is on shifts so he makes me rest for an hour as he can tell when Im needing it...I go grey!!
Today I had a little cry because Im not used to having no energy and with having a toddler to look after its a bit hard at the minute.
I felt very dizzy today at one point,Im trying very hard to get fluids in me,i make a point of having marvel in everything I can or force a protein shake.
I hope it passes and its normally in the early days.
But like everyone else has said,its best to get yourself in a routine..we will get there together!!!

best wishes
xxx

To be honest, I have never had an operation that hasn't left me tired... it's part of all that you have gone through for so many reasons.... including stress...

But I agree Emma, trying to establish a routine is good for the body mechanisms and if you need to build in a rest then go for it...

It's also good to keep some movement going because of DVT's.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your recoveries and respective wls journeys.

Love and hugs xxx

Thanks guys you all speak sense!

Sorry you are feeling the same Emma-louise.

I think I shall force myself up and then have a warm drink then breakfast after and then have 40 winks on the sofa then its not the same as bed so I shall only have a nap then carry on. I might get more work done that way too lol (I have my own knitting business).

oh wow...u knit?
I would love to knit! but never been able to get the hang of it.
Its funny as Im really good at all arts and crafty things but not knitting.

Reactions: zns
Back