• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

to have or not to have....which one

alfiemoomin

Hello I have just joined! i have a consultant appt tomorrow to look at band or sleeve... not quite decided both have advantages. Being honest as i am self funding i can afford a band in the UK or sleeve, well id have to go abroad

I am really keen to hear from anyone who went abroad for sleeve, where did you go, how much?

I am a BMI of 36, i know its not as high like some... but after battling all my adult life i am just beyond struggling with yo yo wardrobe needs.

I want to deal with weight and food finally, be healthy and look to just enjoy life.

So i am decided on surgery, no more starving, milkshakes, pills and points.....

I would love to find a buddy, i am looking to have surgery late oct or Nov 2014 or just a group of people who get our struggle.

I have only told 2 friends/family about this.

xxxxxxxx:eek::)

Hello and welcome
just wanted to say hi as I cant really help with your question but I am very sure that someone very soon with pop up and offer advise so watch this space you wont be waiting too long
in the meantime good luck in all you wish for

Hello I have just joined! i have a consultant appt tomorrow to look at band or sleeve... not quite decided both have advantages. Being honest as i am self funding i can afford a band in the UK or sleeve, well id have to go abroad

I am really keen to hear from anyone who went abroad for sleeve, where did you go, how much?

I am a BMI of 36, i know its not as high like some... but after battling all my adult life i am just beyond struggling with yo yo wardrobe needs.

I want to deal with weight and food finally, be healthy and look to just enjoy life.

So i am decided on surgery, no more starving, milkshakes, pills and points.....

I would love to find a buddy, i am looking to have surgery late oct or Nov 2014 or just a group of people who get our struggle.

I have only told 2 friends/family about this.

xxxxxxxx:eek::)
Ive booked in for surgery in le harve 15/10/14.driving down from cardiff to Portsmouth,sailing on a ferry to France,hotel 6mins away.staying there for 3days then op in hospital then back to hotel for 2 days.sailing back on ferry but return journey booking a cabin(don't know if 5 hrs in tight seat after op is a good idea)but I dread the run back to cardiff.Im self funding this op.had enough of BMI of 43.its time to be 6'2" & 15 stone & happy again.i wanna look like elvis when he was on his tank not when he was on his bathroom floor.

Hi, I had my surgery nearly four months ago in France. I had a mini gastric bypass which gives you the same results as a bypass but your re routed a little different and its a quicker operation. I had a bmi of 37. At first I was looking at bands in the uk but then I come across a website for sleeves in France on the web which wasn't much different in price in France, this made me research sleeves then I finally decided on a mini gastric bypass. I am so pleased I had it done I have lost 5 stone 7lbs and am nearly at my goal weight.i haven't really had any complications and feel brilliant. For me personally I needed a permanent operation not something that can be taken out.
Kim

Hiya,

I had a band fitted in 2004 in Germany, paid 5000 euro back then but it was no where as common here.

Through no fault of the band it has not worked for me and I am currently on the search for somewhere in Europe to have it taken out and a bypass done.

I ve watched several friends with the bypass now for a few years and they have nt looked back and it appears way less hassle then the band. However that's just my experience.

Personally I struggle to see why people pay premiums for surgery in the uk when Europe is so close.

It can be daunting, but you will get there, and you ll come across the right surgeon, right hospital, and right deal that you feel comfortable with then all I can suggest is google the hell out of it. . . . . to give you more confidence in your decision and what to expect.

Good Luck

Hi Alfiemoomin

I am after having a sleeve done and would be looking to have it done abroad. I have read on here that the Surgal clinic in Czech is very good. I would imagine tha places like Belgium and France aren't that much different to our own services, in fact they are probably better because they don'tget them for free. Therefore people will expect to have great customer service in all areas. The fact that the ops are about half the price makes them very desirable!

I will look forward to keeping up with your journey.

Debbie

Hi there i have not been on the site as been glued to U Tibe to watch videos on peoples blogs and journeys.

Ive booked my surgery! I'm flying to Prague on Oct 6th, i am having sleeve as a personal choice as this will suite me, lifestyle etc.

I will return the Friday..... nervous and very excited.

I paid deposit then got immediate regret but i now know tat was nerves kicking in.

I chose to use Beautiful Beings the UK based company who coordinates the whole thing, as reviews seems consistently good.

i need a buddy!

better exchange rate

Hi CaniSani

i am paying on arrival to clinic as rate to exchange better, they have been very non-pushy, are you using same company as me? when are you going? sorry if I'm slow on this site I'm picking it up slowly.

My sister accompanying me and having lipo sculpting....ever the competitive sis but she's lovely and slim jim

sharon

Last edited:
Well I was going to pay on arrival but I am going to pay a few days before just incase my card got blocked over there or something.

I am going week after next yes I am very nervous I was very nervous when I transferred the deposit.

Hopefully when I get there I can have it done and all goes well, I wish the pre op tests were done over here x

CaniSani i fly Manchester 17:00 hours to Prague 6th and op 7th, we may cross paths....!!!

this is going to sound awful but i don't even know what tests i need to have! i have had discussion and I've been to GP to book a blood test as under active thyroid and anaesthetist will want recent test to ensure I'm in range

what tests will they do?

sorry forget to add did deposit via bank so it was protected, not found fraud issues and reviews good so felt ok after initial worry lol

Bloods, Urine, that camera thing down your throat, you also need to speak to a psychologist over there, a woman on here who went with them told me this, I have also watched some videos on YouTube type in the company name on YouTube and you will see some reviews.

Going to pay the rest of it this week I'm so nervous about it never transferred more then £50 to someone in my life lol, and yes I did it through online banking. Make sure you tell the banks to unblock your cards.

hmmm ill double check but think mine ok as travelled and used before for biggish sums abroad.... ark at me thinking I'm Kim Kardashian lol

Looool okay! Hehehe :)

You know you're not actually going to be paying the clinic as our company is the provider, everything has to go through them.

yes, that was explained, i have i guess held back with money in case i had a major wobble and not the truffle shuffle type, but guess now ill pay up prior to flying out so its done and dusted x

CaniSani... your just ahead of me, how are you feeling? hope you are ok, did BB call you with any specific instructions?

I'm nearly at 50 posts so soon able to PM.... please keep in touch and thinking of you and hope it all goes smoothly

xxx

Back