• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

to them who had it done on the nhs

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
did u have ur surgery done at ur regular hospital or did u get sent private, my doctor said it would be funded by nhs which it is yayyy lol and done private, was just wondering if this making ur waiting time for the op less as it wil b done in a prvate hos

sorry if i dont make sense xx

hiya

My PCT (bradford) sent me to the Spire in leeds.
I was told that I was on the PCT's waiting list and would have a long wait prob over a year. Then the PCT changed their NICE criteria and started a fresh.
So I was on the limbo waiting list and basically had to be gotten rid off lol:rolleyes: Farmed out to Private and Im so thankful I was lol

My surgeon said that I probably wouldnt have had surgery this year or pssibly the beginning of the next. :( So Im glad I was farmed

I was done at the Alexander in Cheadle just before the MRI lost the contract.

At the time I was chuffed to get it done, but on reflection I wish I'd waited and been done either by Salford Royal or the Spire.

The aftercare now I get from the MRI is less than great to say the least :(

I am in Sheffield and got NHS funding but the operation was carried out in the Thornbury hospital which is private.

I can honestly say it can't have been any better for me.

Im in Stoke-on-trent but had to have my op at Walsall manor cause at the time my local hospital didnt do it

i had mine done at salford royal within 6 months of being referd by my GP. The pre op assessments, sleep apnea, psycology stc were second to none and so glad i had NHS all the way.

I am in Sheffield and got NHS funding but the operation was carried out in the Thornbury hospital which is private.

I can honestly say it can't have been any better for me.

I had mine done on the nhs by the same surgeon as mixman but had my band at the Royal Hallamshire NHS teaching hospital. Our surgeon does so many ops at the Hallamshire and so many at the private bmi clinic.

I was NHS and was done in a private hospital as the local NHS ones don't do it. however i know there was a meeting at our local NHS hospital last week because they want to start doing them.
I only waited 4 months from first referal to surgery. hth

i was refered to the NHS by my GP, but had mine done at The Spire in Leeds (same as Elffie), i have no idea if it made any difference to my wait, but was told by my surgeon that i had taken a different pathway to surgery to many, due to my high BMI and co-morbidities, to the general list of patients

Back