• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

to treat or not to treat...

I have only just settled into my routine. I am a year out lol. Give it time :) you will be just fine.

I'm the same as flutterby I don't do good and bad or naughty anymore. Refuse to feel I'm on a diet cos then ill just fall off the wagon. I try to make healthy choices most the time but if I fancy something I'll have it. I try to keep it in check though. We all find our own way!

I don't treat, because I've chosen not to. I'd rather not find out if I can eat 'treat foods' as I know that if I can, I will. I don't want to start on the slippery slope to possible weight gain, if I can help it.

On the way back from tesco oh wanted mcdonalds. He had cheese dippers and ice cream. I had nothing. Yay me. Grin.

I had to park outside a KFC yesterday. The smell of the food frying made me feel physically sick :-(

Lol..Paula I was just like that,cafe shops cooking bacon buttys and burger vans made me heave!
That a distant memory..now I just sniff and don't touch.

The sight of a lot of food, the sound of people eating and quite a lot of food smells still make me heave.
Sadly, this does not apply to choc, biccies and cakes. I have to use plain old will power to stop myself eating them.

I allow myself to eat anything I want. Thankfully chocolate, ice-cream and fried foods do not like me anymore and I am horribly sick if I eat them. I eat crisps but can't manage a full packet and 1 biscuit fills me up. I don't deny myself anything, if I want it I have it and thanks to this op I don't often want it anyway! Everyone is different, I know some people who have had the sleeve who can eat chocolate all day long....I am so thankful I can't or I would be in a mess! lol :) x

I do have treats, but try to make sure that I prioritise getting my protein in first, and then just have a small amount of chocolate a couple of hours later before bed. Nothing like the amount of sweets that I used to eat though. And I also keep things like "go ahead" brand biscuits around rather than the fuller fat variety, and rice cakes, so even if I am tempted to snack it is still on stuff that is slightly lower in fat and sugar. But the downside is that my weight loss has slowed, however it is still on a downward trend so I am happy with that.

I haven't restricted anything from my diet, i have cut way back though. post op I was getting through a big bar of fruit and nut on a night. I also used to have crisps with dinner or as a snack and a lot of sandwiches.

Now what I do is stick perfect to guidelines for my 'meals', I have half a plate salad or veg, quarter protein and quarter carbs. Eat off a tea plate and only manage half to 3 quarters of it.

If I want to snack then this is where I don't always make the right decisions. At the minute (with 3 weeks till next hol) I am having fruit on an afternoon, I was sometimes having a bicky at work.

But most nights I have a bit of cholcolate, maybe a freddo or something small and on a weekend I have wine probably 2 nights.

I know I enjoy these foods and although they are not the healthiest option it is what works for you individually. If I didn't have the freddo, by day 2 I would be buying a family sized bar of fruit and nut. I can't deprive myself.

I have cut bread out but sometimes have a pitta if I feel the need.

We are all different and all have our own journeys but I need to look at mine like it is for life. And I know that I couldn't do without wine, chocolate or crisps for the rest of it.

x x x

That is definitely the ratios for a bypasser, however banders may differ.

My treats are costume jewellery, nail polish, magazines, etc instead of food. That's not to say that I haven't tried them - but I've found that I dump on sweet or fatty foods (YAY!) so will steer clear of them for now. Even yogurts sometimes make me feel nauseous. I'm ok with fruit so a small mandarin and couple of grapes is enough for me.

If I fancy something savoury I will have a couple of crackers, small handful of nuts or cooked chicken.

Before surgery I was having sweet/fatty food as the norm rather than as occassional treats. Bread was also my go-to comfort food - so I've purposefully cut this out.

Mr recomendations from THG for bander is half veg/salad 1/4 protein and 1/4 carbs x x

Thanks guys. Ill re check my paperwork I know my recommendations were in there. Im losing though so gizmo cant be too unhappy. I read lots on here about new banders being desperate for fills but im not finding im hungry? Im getting the right amount of stuff according to myfitness so am I just lucky? Xx

I find I struggle with some bread types and particularly pizza dough. It must swell up or something! My bread consumption has dropped dramatically in the last 10 months with no particular effort - my body just tells me "no" (which I am still finding ironic after all the years it said "yes")!

I ate two slices of garlic chiabatta sp bread about the size of your palm and thought I was going to hurl xx

Bread and pasta used to be my downfalls. 4-6 slices of bread in a sitting, most days has reduced to maybe a slice or two once or twice a week maximum...Generally toasted rather than as a sandwich. If I wanted it, I would have it, but I don't feel the urge more than to have a teeny bit of it nowadays. It can take me half an hour to eat a six inch turkey and ham subway for example, which at 287 calories and 21g of protein, is not bad for a meal, which leaves me totally satisfied for a good 4-5 hours. Pasta, I eat, but only a couple of tablespoons rather than a whole bowlful. Always focus on the protein first and the band should help reduce the need/desire/ability to fill up on too many carbs ... You can potentially have your cake and eat it Struzee, if your provider says so :rolleyes:

Back