• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How to deal with occasional treats

After a completely shi*ty week which has seen my next door neighbour (literally) die in my arms in the middle of the Monday night and my next door but 1 neighbour drop down dead (at the age of 56!?) yesterday morning, I decided today to get my ever decreasing arse down to Holland and Barratt for some protein bars as I have eaten almost nothing since Monday night apart from the odd glass of skimmed sugar free crusha milkshake and an oatcake or two. This in itself is remarkable as before, in the event of any little upset, let alone the major traumas of this week, I would have had my head in the cake tin and chocolate box 24/7 without a doubt. Instead, I just can't face eating at the moment as I just feel too emotional and frankly a bit low! Anyway, I digress. Protein bars.......not entirely the chocolatey treat I was expecting Karlos. I bought £15 worth in the penny sale (alot!) in different flavour combos. I could only manage a third of one to be honest but it wasn't what I'd call yummy! lol. I will cut a couple into 3's and wrap in the fridge as maybe they will be nicer cool (intead of melty from being left in the car!?). Hope so, because they seem like a really useful snack to take out and about.

I have only liked a couple of the bars I've tried but have made some of my own that are nice.

Thanks hun, really not keen on this lot! Will chug through them half a bar at a time and then have a scoobie online.

I'm not that fond of the premade stuff either. Some I can tolerate as handy to have but the rest - yuck! Google Jamie Eason. She has some good ones.

Back