• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

To Weigh or NOT to Weigh!!!

indianlight

hmm....that is the question??? pre op I was soo anxious about my weight that i did my daily body test on my Wii Fit daily funnily enough...but now post op I keep getting told don't get weighed every day....what should I do?

After my band I got weighed daily, so can't see why I can't now...but on the other hand it would be nice to see chunks of weight coming off...oooh what to do???:confused:

I've not had a band, but I know day to day your weight can fluctuate. I personally think you will see that "Chunk" of weight loss with a weekly weigh in.

I'm sure a bander will be around and maybe they may have a better suggestion.

Oh my gosh, please please PLEASE do not weigh yourself everyday.

If you do this you will get such a varied result that it will do you no good. If you weighed yourself everyday different things can effect your weight, a heavy meal, needing the loo etc etc.

People on here have decided to weigh them selves once a month, or once a week but which ever one you decide to do, do it at the same time each week (in the morning you usually weigh less!!) and make sure your scales are in the same position too.

But DONT weigh yourself every day.

:) xxxxx

Not to weigh daily ................ that is the answer.

The temptation is great but unless you can handle flactuating numbers DONT.

aww......lol i know xx

This topic comes up from time to time and there is always a debate. My opinion is that in the first 6 months post-op there is no reward or benefit in daily weigh ins. Too many factors can cause you to gain & lose pounds all throughout the week. It can feel like your weight is coming off way too slow, especially with a band as you don't have proper restriction in the early days and it can take several fills to start really losing weight.

Now that my weight loss has slowed and I am approaching goal, I find 2x a week weigh-ins as a helpful tool to see how I am doing. I use it as a check, if I have been eating loads of carbs, have been inactive or consumed lots of salt it shows up. If I have be really active, eating loads of protein, drinking loads of fluids I get the motivational reward of seeing it on the scale. If ever I feel down from my weigh-ins I will stop weighing for awhile because that means it is not helping me.

Just be wise, use the scale as a tool and never as a punishment. If it makes you feel bad at any point have someone take your scales to a safe location and forgo weighing for awhile.

Nic:)

I'm just getting weighed every time I go to my clinic , which is once a month.

Next weigh in for me is 24th September.

xxx

I agree weekly weigh in are the best.

So why then does this particular scale whore insist on weighing himself at lest twice a day :eek::eek::eek: LOL :D:D:D

Nic is right they should be used as a tool. I use them to tell me if I need to up my cardio work on the bike etc, and to kick me up the butt if I don't feel like hitting the workouts.

I can go up or down two or three pounds in a day, so I don't get hung up about it but as long as the trend is down throughout the week I'm happy

I have been told (by people here, gently but firmly) that weighing every day is a no no. I have weighed myself every day (except on holiday) for the past 30 years! I really can't see me changing this habit. I know, I know, there are going to be lots of habits I will have to change but this really will be the hardest. I WILL try. But I won't promise anything! :flirt2: xx

well after initially thinking I would try not to keep jumping on the scales, I lasted till yesterday which was 8 days post op because I really wanted to update my ticker. I have weighed again (and lost another 2lb this morning) but won't update ticker yet. I realise that I am potentially setting myself up for disappointment by doing this but I just couldnt help myself this morning. I'm going to try my very best to wait now till every Monday Morning.

I've taken a conscious decision not to get obsessed with my weight loss. I'm limiting my weighs to the visits to the hospital.

I know I'm losing weight by how my clothes fit and how I feel, I've no need to know exactly how much.

Thats exactly how I am although I will jump on the scales in Boots once a fortnight or so, otherwise I get weighed at the clinic and its such a lovely feeling when you can see the scales going down several KGs every month or so.

I've never measured myself either which I know a lot of people do (other than going for a bra fitting). Don't really need scales to tell me the weights falling off, I can see it in the mirror.

For me, when I'm fully back on my feet and learnt how to live with this pouch, I want to put this period of my life behind me, forget about the surgery and get on with living. I can't do that if I'm obcessing about weight. I know its different for everyone but I really don't want my weight to dominate the rest of my life the way it has in the past.

hmm....that is the question??? pre op I was soo anxious about my weight that i did my daily body test on my Wii Fit daily funnily enough...but now post op I keep getting told don't get weighed every day....what should I do?

After my band I got weighed daily, so can't see why I can't now...but on the other hand it would be nice to see chunks of weight coming off...oooh what to do???:confused:

Oh I know how you feel im the same but I try not to weigh myself too often, im gonna try to weigh myself every 2 weeks instead of weekly as i'd like to see bigger amounts but its just too easy when the scales are right infront of you!!

Back