• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Today my baby has left home

hopelesscase

Well the day has come, I've done my job my baby chick had flown the nest. I think he's more stressed about it then me and i have had to bite my tongue as being a mum i wanted to go in and clean the place before he took anything in and he just wanted to get it all in. After several trips he's now there waiting for delivery of his fridge freezer, bed, wardrobes and suite. With a mountain of stuff in the middle of the lounge to be sorted.

I've just got home to discover so much empty space i'm going to have to go shopping!! lol just got to get used to cooking for one now. think my freezer may become my best friend...

At the beginning of October 1998 I had a 40 week scan which showed I was having a baby boy.

The next morning I was 'flumped' on the sofa watching The Time, The Place with John Stapleton. The topic they were discussing was how mum's cope when their boys leave home. Bearing in mind mine wasn't even born then, I spent the whole show in floods of tears dreading the day my (unborn) son left home!

How old is your son?

Hope it's not too much of a wrench for you xxx

Ive still got one at home,35 today,he knows where hes well off!

Mine ran like heck when he was 17, he'd had enough of been bullied by his 6 yr and 4 yr old sisters.... Big strapping 6 footer scared by two lil girls lol....

Not sure if my girls will ever leave home, they're too busy waiting for me to die, Abi aged 11 already bagsied my car, laptop and jewellery, the other one just wants my bike (i think).... Me been a stubborn old so and so is planning on flogging me jewellery and wearing the other stuff out :) Yay supermums everywhere xxx

Hope i get to experience it one day...fingers crossed eh. Got the names sorted already lol. Amelia(girl) and ellis(boy) how sad am i lol x

awww good name choices Sarah...your time will come :D....i got years to wait til the children fly the nest - I have a 6yr old girl and a 4yr old boy. My son especially is a real mummys boy so imagine he will still be living with me when he is 35. I dread to think how ill feel when my two fly the nest (other half will be celebrating) but i reckon ill be weeping and worrying xxx

I had a breakdown when my daughter flew the nest!!
We are still very close now. She went to uni and I coped well with that, she was in rooms but came home at weekends. Then when she left uni she went to live permanently away with her partner.
Other things and the fact that my daughter had left home contributed to me having a breakdown.
I'm alright now though :Dlol.
Promise lol.:cross:
Lynne x

My baby is 22. where does time go?

Im extremely proud of him, i knew before he was born that i was going to be a single mum and he has been my world. he has never caused me any problems, we never argue or fall out, he works hard at a job of his dreams and has always been fantastic with all the foster kids that have passed through our door.

He already earns 29k and is the only person in the office who isn't a post grad. He got the job on his own merits and he's proved his worth.

He is responsible for me meeting Dave as if it wasn't for him signing me up to a dating website i wouldn't of done it myself. Hes got a lovely girlfriend who lives in Sunderland but as of next week will be living with him as she has just found out she has got a job in Manchester.

what more could a mum ask for!!!

My journey started nearly 2yrs ago when our eldest (now 21yrs old), left for Uni he occasionally comes home for a few days but not often Uni and his job to help pay his way mean he is limited to his free time to come back home. Not long ago he moved into another rental property with a couple of friends and we got the call Mum, Dad, if I pay for a dishwasher can you bring it over next time you come and when you do can you and dad do..... (a long list of DIY jobs followed). So of course we did and it was wierd it is usually us accepting or asking for help from my parents or the other halfs dad so a bit sureal. Lol
Our 18 yr old will be next when he goes to Uni in the autumn next year which will leave us with only our currently 15yr old son to get through his GCSE's and A levels and off to Uni, will we survive. Yes I am sure we will and they will still need us for some things. Having brought a large house for us all back in 2006 it is now beginning to empty so next spring we will put it on the market and downsize a bit but making sure we have space for them to come back for visits. Partly to release equity for our dream of retiring to our dream home in Spain, partly to stop us rattling around in a huge victorian villa when it is just the tow of us. Lots of changes to face and embrace or deal with, bring them on. Lol

{{{{Big Hugs}}}}
My baby leaves home tomorrow to start a new job after just finishing Uni. he's 25....he had a rough couple of years where things didn't work out for him so started Uni late and lived at home. (He just got a 1st!!! sorry- had to add that cos we're so chuffed!)...but I'm dreading tomorrow. Really really dreading it. Even now if I let myself think about it too hard I'll sob so I share your pain!
But, its good he's leaving...he needs to start his own life and I know that.

You're in my thoughts x

i tell my 2 sons and daughter ,29.27,25 that im having this bypass to get healthy,live for ever and be a burden to them,haha ,im like big and bouncy,eldest at home again,think mine had bungee ropes instead of a umb/cord at birth! ,but like others have said ,they are our world ,so proud of them x

I know how u feel my son at the tender age of 16 left home to go in the army..........it felt so odd not having him under my roof after 16 years....its not bothered him mind lol, just his dear old ma lol

Back