• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Toilet Hygiene Help

NEDebz

A bit of a sensitive subject but thought I'd share my discovery.

As my weight has increased I have become much less mobile and have been finding it more difficult to manage at the toilet. I was getting more and more frustrated and worried that I wasn't clean but was determined that I was not going to give in and let somebody else help me. As far as I'm concerned I would rather do myself an injury rather than accept help, I didn't marry my husband for him to be cleaning my private parts and I'm not going to ask my kids either.

So I set out to find a solution. At first I found the Buckingham Easywipe and it seemed ideal but with money being a bit tight, there not being any reviews & it being £19.99 I decided to look for an alternative. I found it on eBay and ordered it straight away. The Long Reach Wiper arrived at the weekend.

It works!! It holds toilet paper or wet wipes and gives you an extra 15inches to reach those awkward places. Best of all it gives peace of mind to know that I'm clean & I save some dignity by not needing any assistance.

Just thought I would pass the details on in the hope that it helps somebody

What a great post.

I was starting to get to that stage but luckily I got my op before it became a problem. Now 5 stone lighter it definately isn't a problem anymore. There will be many people out there thanking you for this information altho I suspect pretty shy to come forward and say so.

X :D

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere that some people have a difficulty with this post op when they are sore and can't twist or have a big sore tum in the way. Thought it might be a good idea to be prepared for after the op but couldn't find anything to help so I'll have a look at this.

Do post-oppers think it's worthwhile??

Good post, i don't need it at the moment but as someone says, post op it could be helpful xxx

I used a home made version post surgery as I had such bruising in my lower belly for some reason which meant I couldn't bend down. I used a dish mop (Photo enclosed) and wrapped the head of it with loo paper or wet wipes. My mum was already doing enough for me I wasn't going to make her wipe my bum as well. It worked a treat as well and was much cheaper. I didn't buy a purpose built one as I didn't think I'd need it after surgery and it would be a bit of a waste of money.

Attachments

• woodwashmop.jpg
    woodwashmop.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 25
Good idea Jax. Looks a lot less threatening than the one I saw on ebay-and cheaper and smaller.
Hope I won't need one but you never know. Best to be prepared.

Thanks for this informaton, it's a common problem with us overweight folk and so embarrasing to share with others. i myself struggle with this problem. so well done you and i hope in the near future you will no longer require the assistance of your new friend. lol x

This is a problem I realised I was sailing very close to when I found I couldn't reach if I was wearing my big thick dressing gown. Made me realise that it could easily become a reality if I gained just another stone, and that really scared me :eek:

I wouldn't be able to ask anyone for help so not sure what I'd have done in this situation as I had no idea there were any 'tools' to help with this kind of thing. Thanks for posting and making us aware of it xx

I'm sure this is going to be very useful for many shy people out there...well done on sharing it.

My friend is an occupational therapist and says there are lots of things around to help with many different problems (e.g. reaching to put your socks on). If anyone has any particular issues feel free to ask and I'll get some information from her.

getting to the nether regions can be difficult for me sometimes, what I find hardest is tampons though, fortunately pads have already been invented. Oh to be able to do that again!!

Great ideas ladies :) x

Jaxx just dont leave it haning about incase someone decides to wash the dishes for you lol xxx

Jaxx just dont leave it haning about incase someone decides to wash the dishes for you lol xxx

Lol I actually had two! One to use in the shower and one for the loo. They were left permanently in the bathroom so no chance of them being used for washing up. Bit of a manky thought though! lol

I had a bottom wiper pre-op - a life saver for the pre-op bowel treatment lol!!

I couldn't reach my bottom by the time I'd got to 24 stone and used it post-op till one day i wondered if I could reach!!

I use moist toilet tissue by preference and managed perfectly well with this but ordinary loo roll is OK too.

Got mine through another link on another forum and cant remember the company but careful Googling produces results!!

Good luck Angela :553:

Back