• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

too fat for rides

joey80

Hey all went to drayton manor today had a nice day but was gutted I couldn't go on rides with them :(, I was too scared that I would get told the bars don't fit :( I would have been so embarrassed. Also I walked around soooo much I could feel my knees hurting, I so can't wait to have this band now, this time next year ill b on all the rides xxx

I'm ready to do it, I felt for my kids not having me on the rides with them, I think the only thing tha is gonna b hard to give up is my pepsi :( lol xx

I can honestly say I haven't missed my diet coke at all so I'm sure you'll be fine! And you won't want to be drinking pepsi if you're going on all those rides...

i know how you were feeling....ive been there too!
in alton towers i wouldnt even get onto the 'test' chair for the flying ride to see if it would fit due to sheer embrassment of it not fitting and people laughing!
They should give out measurement instructions for all rides on their websites so you know in advance LOL.

Hi joey, I had my band op yesterday. This is something that I am looking forward to! I got on a ride in Alton towers once, totally oblivious to the fact I wouldn't fit in. Needless to say the bars wouldn't shut & I had to get off - mortified. Possibly thee most embarrassing moment of my life! Oh well, am so happy to be post op! Here's to many fair rides in the future! Kelley xx

thanks guys ur words have made me smile,kelley how did the op go?

as for the pepsi it all i drink, i cant drink coffee cause i get a caffine rush of it n get the shakes n dizzy not nice, i like coffee too :( these past few days i have been drinking more squash so fingers crossed ill get used to it lol xx

Oh bless you i been there! Not long to go and you will be starting your new life ..

Marie. xoxo :hug99:

thanks marie, i cant wait now, been for long walk today wiv fam n dog, aching so much now lol, oooo a foew months n this will b no more x

Hi joey, it all went well & I've been fine! Came home this morning. Can't actually believe it's done! U wait so long. Good luck with yours, it will soon be here xx

I know what you mean I never used to do rides.Last year I did go on the rides and its the best when the kids smile and tell everyone that mammy went on them too.

We are off the Flamingo land tomora for the kids treat day out before school.

It will not be long before you are on them rides too. The future is good you will love it

Jo
xx

Oooooo good luck! You will be fine! Where r u getting it done? Ur in & out in a jiffy! If I can help you with anything, just ask xx

thanks im having mine done in dolan park in bromsgrove, im going private with the hospital group xx

fluids tip: get small bottles of water and leave them in the fridge. instead of grabbing a can of pepsi from the fridge have an ice cold drink of water. its scrumm!

Hi Joey, I felt exactly the same as you last year, but it will happen I promise you, I have just been to Disney World and went on all the rides, I felt great and you will too, Karen x

thanks karen, i cant wait, every yr me n other half normal go to alton towers on opening day, next time ill b able to fit in all rides without a worry of not fitting :)

thanks for tha tip magicbeans, iv bought one of them water filter things and im drinking that with squash, at the mo it only when im out shopping or somewhere that i buy pop, make the most of it while i can, also this weekend is gonna b the last time i can have strongbow, magners, bulmers.
i dont care about giving up food ne more it the fizz im worried about lmao, hoipe u all fine n dandy as i am :D xx

Hi Joey, wishing u all the best for the op. I am also going with THG in Dolan so looking forward to hear how u get on. Going for my first appointment on 10th Sept x

Back