• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Too many carbs? :/

zarafa

I'm supposed to be a low-carb low fat diet before my surgery and I'm just wondering what happens if you have too much carb?

I had home made soup - I thought it was just vegetable soup, but apparently it had had cracked wheat in it (the soup was pureed). I'm worrying now I've over-consumed my carb allowance for the day. I don't know what to do save vomiting it right up *sorry if it's TMI*.

Are you supposed to exercise on the pre-op diet - I read somewhere exercising shrinks the liver in hours - I did a high intensity workout, but not sure if it's enough.

I was doing so well :break_diet::copon:

Zarafa, try not to stress out too much. Yes you're supposed to be on a low carb diet to shrink your liver....but the odd mistake isn't going to destroy it all.

As for exercise: I haven't personally heard of it shrinking the liver TBH, but it certainly can't be bad for you.

But I did no exercise before my surgery (I have M.E.) and my liver was fine.

Try not to stress too much sweety. You're going to be fine.

Hugs, Grace xxx

Dont worry hun, I can see you having done too much damage....its not like youve eaten it every day for a month :D Just dont have any more.....simples ;) XX

Zarafa, as I think Grace and Jacqui are right and you won't have done too much damage. Please don't make yourself vomit it back up. I'm sure that the acid in your oesophagus would be far worse than the small amount of carbs you'd get in your soup. As long as you've been mostly sticking to the diet you should be fine.

I excercised prior to my op as I knew it would reduce the anaesthetic risk and help me recover more speedily. A good way of knowing that the liver shrinking diet is working, is that you will find that you want to urinate more frequently.

Keep up the good work.

love and hugs
Rebirthxx

Thank you all, I feel so much better. We have the option to have extra fruit and yoghurt, but I'm avoiding them, so hopefully haven't done too much damage. Might revert to just clear soups and water again just so I'm 90% sure I'll be ok.

It's a bit nerve wracking as I don't know whether or not my liver's shrunk and there's no way of checking.

I have been to the toilet more, but I assumed that was due to drinking more water. I'll find out on Saturday! :innocent0001::innocent0001:

Love and hugs to you all xxxxx

Back