• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't wait any longer

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
I'm scheduled to have my bypass on 7th Sept and due to start my pre op diet on Tuesday.

I've been left to decide which one to follow,
Milk diet of 3litres of semi skimmed milk, 2 yogurts and extra 3 litres of free fluids.............Surely I'll drown:wave_cry: on the plus side I know exactly what I'll be having.
Slimfast or such like..............I never was really keen on any of these as the flavours are not to my taste. Or
Low fat low carb diet..................down side of this is I have to plan and decide on my menus.....not always my best feature ....choosing wisely:cry:

Over the past 7 days I've found myself saying things like; I wont be able to have this again or perhaps I should have it 'cause its my last chance.:break_diet:

I wouldn't mind but I haven't even enjoyed most of it as much as I thought I would...............

So enough is enough, this morning I started my low carb, low fat diet 2 days early

I've eaten well today, a slice of toast and marmite for brekkie, a little cheese salad and small freshly baked roll for lunch and have just had a nice egg salad again with bread roll..............I'm stuffed.:eek: I still have got to fit in 2 pieces of fruit and a yogurt...I saved these for later as this is a danger time for me:sigh:

If I've felt a bit of hunger coming on I've had a glass of SF Ribena and it went away:D Hopefully this will last.

The main thing I keep telling myself is this time its off FOREVER:D:D:D

so glad its all going well for you, good luck with the op :)

Woohoo! U go! You will do fine. I found the first few days hard, but after a week I have settled in & feel really satisfied with what I eat. I am amazed at how my mind set has changed torwards portion sizes in only 1 week. Am hoping this week will go fast. Next step.... Get head round post op diet! Good luck with it all x

Just a word,you are on low carb but ate bread with every meal.Try scrambled egg for brekkie,soup and fruit for lunch,chicken breast and veg for tea.lf yoghurt for snack and nas squash all day.also you could have a tin of tuna,salmon or mackrel with balsamic vinegar and green salad for lunch.Tin fish was a real lifesaver.
Dont worry about food you wont be able to eat in a few months you can eat nearly everything you want just small portions!

Go girl go. I started my diet two days early too, so did 16 instead of 14. Partly as I was worried about the liver, and also I like you was ready. Good luck!!!

Just a word,you are on low carb but ate bread with every meal.Try scrambled egg for brekkie,soup and fruit for lunch,chicken breast and veg for tea.lf yoghurt for snack and nas squash all day.also you could have a tin of tuna,salmon or mackrel with balsamic vinegar and green salad for lunch.Tin fish was a real lifesaver.
Dont worry about food you wont be able to eat in a few months you can eat nearly everything you want just small portions!

I did wonder about the bread thing, What I had was straight off the menu sheet for 1 day. but I love your suggestions, they would suit me better as I don't really do bread anyway. I keep away from it normally.

Thanks for the ideas...............LOOK OUT WORLD!!

yesterday (Monday) was day 2 and all went ok

I had toast for brekkie, half a tin of soup and a pear for lunch, a nice pork loin steak with a little potato and peas. had a bowl of salad as a snack. a nectarine, a pear and a yogurt for supper.:)

Managed 2 litre of extra squash as well so very pleased, didn't feel hungry which is a plus.

Today I'm working and forgot to have breakfast......This is one of my main issues...I'm thinking of setting my ohone alarm just to get me to eat something as I'm very aware that this cannot happen post op.

So at 10 I had 2 boiled eggs and a plum...mainly cos I was driving to Cash and Carry. Lunch I had the other half of the soup and a small slice of bread. I'm working til 11 tonight and I've just made up some lovely curry so I'm having that as a soup. Got My nectarine and yougurt ready and have already had 2 pints of squash:D

All in all okay , I'm a bit worried about tonight as we usually have a few drinks while working, so I don't want to be the stick in the mud but I'll have to take something with me:wave_cry:

sorry perhaps I shouldn't have listed every morsel!!

If it helps none of it was enough to feed a gnat!!LOL!

I'm pleased you're getting on so well with your pre op, it gives me hope when it's time to do mine.

Back