• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TOTM Surgery Day?

Daisyhappy!

Hi sorry about the nature of this question but Im just wondering as Im due my totm around the day of my surgery :/
What'll actually happen about that?
Hate asking but hope it'll be ok :0

o.k this is most probably a really stupid question but.... why would it being totm matter to you having your op done?
I have my op next Tues, but as i have been on the pre op diet it has started mine off but it iregular and been on and off all week (never have proper periods & diets always seem to start things off for a while) and there is a good chance this could last a while. So obviously now Im a little concerned.x

tasha82 said:
o.k this is most probably a really stupid question but.... why would it being totm matter to you having your op done?
I have my op next Tues, but as i have been on the pre op diet it has started mine off but it iregular and been on and off all week (never have proper periods & diets always seem to start things off for a while) and there is a good chance this could last a while. So obviously now Im a little concerned.x

I think it might have something to do with the thinning injections as I was spotting but injections made me bleed more. X

I had concerns over this too and asked my team they said wouldn't matter and would go ahead with op either way xx
hope all is ok xx

Thanks ladies, panic over.x

Hi think it will be ok, they will ask you before surgery but it's just in case you have a tampax in and something goes wrong they will know to change it etc............................but best to check with whoever is doing your surgery

They didn't ask me so I never said...none the wiser :)

Ladies it should not make any difference at all to your op...it's something nurses are used to helping out with on post op patients. You will probably be better with pads rather than tampons. xx

They will prob ask you to wear a pad . I remember a case many years back of a lady who had a tampon in , no one knew , for whatever reason she was unable to change it & ended up with toxic shock syndrome .
Not aiming to worry anyone , just pointing out why they need to know xx

I asked about this and I was told I would be ok as long as I let them know and wore a pad ( defo not a tampon) but please ask them to be on the safe side as every provider is different xx

yeh deffo wear a pad it was Totm when I had my op n it make no difference but was just recomended to wear a pad xx

Hi sorry about the nature of this question but Im just wondering as Im due my totm around the day of my surgery :/
What'll actually happen about that?
Hate asking but hope it'll be ok :0

Hi Daisy,

I was due to be on the operating table on the day of my operation. I actually started the day before my operation. I spoke to my surgeon who assured me that I'd be fine and it wasn't anything he wasn't used to - especially since he wasn't working on that region. lol :eek:

So there I was on the table with my wears on, but not a tampon (sorry if TMI but I think that's important). It wasn't great afterwards when I came to as I was in pain but still needed to be look after myself in regards 'down there', so I'd say try and get someone to help you.

You'll be fine though :) x

Just a note to all ladies...
When I was having my bypass done,
One of the things you need to take with you when having your op done is a packet of sanitary towels.
As the operation actually can make you "come on"..
My period was no where near due and I was bleeding afterwards.
It was a good job I was told this may happen and to put towels on my list xx

Thanks for all the replies my op was 1week ago today and now Im having the opposite problem, it never turned up :( bit worried!

don't be worried. my following period after my op came late ... thought the surgeon had his wicked way with me whilst i was asleep :whistle: :D

Back