• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op assessment tomorrow and full of water :(

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Hi all!

I have my pre op assessment tomorrow which I was already nervous about.

I have had water retention often recently, but never swollen up other than tummy.

On my VLCD pre op diet I gained 5lbs Tuesday of water. Took me days to get it off and go 2lbs less.

So yesterday my friend thought that helping me relax would be good. So I got a lovely hand and foot massage.

We then went home. When I got back my shoes were digging in the tops of my feet.

Then by this morning my hands feel like they have been stamped on and it's now up to my elbows. Couldn't get my shoes on. Had to put flip flops on. My feet and ankles hurt :( Even when pregnant I never had this :(

Taken herbal water tablets, ibuprofen and drinking green and peppermint tea. Plus extra water.

So scared this will ruin my pre op assessment as why does my body love water retention so much over the last few months :(

I have gained 11lbs with it some times.

I could cry!! (and have done already :( ....)

Oh honey bless you, if your still swollen tomorrow just explain to them and show them surely they will understand Xx

oh bless you i don't think it will be aproblem they might suggest something to help you. Hope it all goes well and yousecure your op date good luck always people to speak to on here. Its hard not to et upset my blood pressur was high at preop ass. neva had high bp before that spent 2 weeks leading upto op getting it checkd every other day nurse said no surgeon would touch me if it was that high i had 2 long weeks to worry about that comment don't know why she said that worst 2 weeks of my life, hope your is better with you had no problem when went in for op was still high but they said nothing bout it so take it with pinch of salt and all will be well. xx

Hi all!

I have my pre op assessment tomorrow which I was already nervous about.

I have had water retention often recently, but never swollen up other than tummy.

On my VLCD pre op diet I gained 5lbs Tuesday of water. Took me days to get it off and go 2lbs less.

So yesterday my friend thought that helping me relax would be good. So I got a lovely hand and foot massage.

We then went home. When I got back my shoes were digging in the tops of my feet.

Then by this morning my hands feel like they have been stamped on and it's now up to my elbows. Couldn't get my shoes on. Had to put flip flops on. My feet and ankles hurt :( Even when pregnant I never had this :(

Taken herbal water tablets, ibuprofen and drinking green and peppermint tea. Plus extra water.

So scared this will ruin my pre op assessment as why does my body love water retention so much over the last few months :(

I have gained 11lbs with it some times.

I could cry!! (and have done already :( ....)

SOPHIE, stop panicing, they are not there to comment on weight, you will be weighed, heart checked, blood pressure and bloods done, but they just make notes i would mentio
n how you feel though, wont do any harm.

Thank you Toni, Chrisa and Kate xxx

My fingers tingle and hurt a bit now. I had circulation problems as a teenager. I was told it was caused by stress. My lip even list some pigment once and they said that was stress. Maybe my water retention is the same.

The letter with a weight loss target and the surgeon telling me to lose as much as I can before my op have caused me the most stress. The water retention makes it seem like I am not really losing.

My worry with the pre op isn't my weight though. It's if it's my heart it kidneys that are causing it. Of course I would prefer to know. But am scares it with mess everything up.

Had a lovely bath earlier. That helped me chill a little.

I will meditate later. That should help me loads. Relaxation may be what I need more than anything right now xxx

i can offer you a prayer, without prayer i wouldn't have got to hospital and had the op and recovered quickly and healthily i was brickn it all week leading upto it my friends at my local prayer group held me in prayer throughout my hospital time and recuperation which has helped immensley. I felt like a princess going to theatre evryone was stopping to say hello and morning as i went along i was as calm as can be anyone who knows me would be astounded normally i would be panicking like mad. If you would like surrounding prayer then you've got it just ask xx

chrisa said:
i can offer you a prayer, without prayer i wouldn't have got to hospital and had the op and recovered quickly and healthily i was brickn it all week leading upto it my friends at my local prayer group held me in prayer throughout my hospital time and recuperation which has helped immensley. I felt like a princess going to theatre evryone was stopping to say hello and morning as i went along i was as calm as can be anyone who knows me would be astounded normally i would be panicking like mad. If you would like surrounding prayer then you've got it just ask xx

Blessings to you xxx that means a hell of a lot to me xxx

I put a message on Facebook asking all my spiritual friends to send healing. And since then my body has felt so much better. I have faith. But also feel the act of asking and being open to receiving works wonders too.

Thank you once again. May you remain blessed xxx

I've never looked into spiritual things honey but I do believe in the power of it and in the power of positive thinking so I will be sending all my positive thoughts to you for the appointment honey Xx

Tonibones10 said:
I've never looked into spiritual things honey but I do believe in the power of it and in the power of positive thinking so I will be sending all my positive thoughts to you for the appointment honey Xx

Thank you very much Toni. That's means a lot to me. Bright blessings my friend xxx

Fuffs prayers willbe with you throughout your journey May God bless you and carry you through the rough times and guide you safely through this period in your life, remember its when we worry and feel the most desolate that we are closest to God remember Footprints its my favourite little reading one set of prints instead of 2 because it was then that he carried you. xx

chrisa said:
Fuffs prayers willbe with you throughout your journey May God bless you and carry you through the rough times and guide you safely through this period in your life, remember its when we worry and feel the most desolate that we are closest to God remember Footprints its my favourite little reading one set of prints instead of 2 because it was then that he carried you. xx

I have that poem on my wall :D I am not Christian. But I have a deep belief in the power of Prayer, positive thoughts, affirmations and intent. You and the rest of my friends have reminded me to be positive again. I lose my way sometimes in this journey.

Your prayers mean a lot to me. And I will carry then with me. Thank you.

I am sitting with a cup of herbal tea, quilt on, feet elevated and feeling a lot more positive this evening :D

Don't panic my darlin :wave_cry: they will have seen water retention before & will recognise that this is why you have a gain. :) I would send you good luck but you won't need it, you will be fine, sweetie xxx :)

Fuffs said:
I have that poem on my wall :D I am not Christian. But I have a deep belief in the power of Prayer, positive thoughts, affirmations and intent. You and the rest of my friends have reminded me to be positive again. I lose my way sometimes in this journey.

Your prayers mean a lot to me. And I will carry then with me. Thank you.

I am sitting with a cup of herbal tea, quilt on, feet elevated and feeling a lot more positive this evening :D

I've got this poem in my living room too its always been a family fave. :) we will all be here to try keep you going in the right direction honey take care all will be fine I'm sure, just explain tomorrow about it, its not your fault honey they can't say anything :) I get water retention in my legs and it really does hurt so I understand about the frustration and stress really does make it worse :( Xx

Thanks Denise and Toni xxx

I am still 1lb less than Monday. Just was worrying something is causing the water retention that would stop them doing my surgery.

But stopped worrying now. I have had so much amazing support today, on here and fb, I know all will be well. I haven't come this far for it to mess up now :D

daisydaye said:
water retention shouldn't stop you from having your op done. Try and relax and all should be well.

Emma xx

It's not the water retention itself that worried me. I read it can be kidney or heart trouble that can cause it. And I have been getting it regularly.

But like I said, not worried now :) Feeling much happier.

Thank you for everyone's friendship and kindness today. It means a lot to me. I will let you all know how the pre op goes :) xxx

Tonibones10 said:
I'm glad your feeling better I will look forward to hearing how it goes :) Xx

Thanks lovely Toni xxx

Tonibones10 said:
Your more than welcome babe, try get a good night sleep. :) Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will try my best my friend :) (((hugs))) xxx

Back