• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone tried the MBT trainers?

yorkshirelass74

Have any of you tried the MBT trainers? They are supposed to replicate walking in soft sand, so using extra calories and muscles, they are quite expensive, so i thought i would ask about get some feedback before i seriously consider a pair!

i have worn mbt's and fitflops for 3 years now so was wearing them prior to surgery. in the early days yoiu certainly know youve had a workout when walking in them and have to build the length of time you wear then for gradually!! i havee to say my legs and bum are great!! when i saw the plastic surgeon he said my muscle definition was very good and i also have no cellulite although i do have a lot of loose sking and no amount of exercise is going to remove that!!!
im on my second pair and had my first pair re soled by mbt for £40 recently.. if you are going to wear then a lot i would say they are well worth the money and go for the black as you can get away with wearing them even with smart pants..

OOOOh thanks for that, that sounds promising, every little helps!!!

I quite fancy some, but just see how I'd get on, I thought I'd try some of the cheaper flip-flop versions.
I got a nice pair from Avon for less than a tenner. I LOVE them. They are like walking on a combination of sand and water, and do work your muscles.
I'd definitely go on to buy MBTs now. :)

I have the rebok ones and i dont like them they make the balls of my feet ache like mad and feel like they are burning

I have the rebok ones and i dont like them they make the balls of my feet ache like mad and feel like they are burning

I love all kinds of trainers, but for some reason, I can't find a comfortable pair of Reeboks. I bought a pair and everytime I wear them, they feel like they're cutting off the circulation down the sides of my feet. Very strange. I don't even have wide feet.

That happens to me if i walk for long distances, people look at me funny when i tell them that my balls are burning.............

I quite fancy some, but just see how I'd get on, I thought I'd try some of the cheaper flip-flop versions.
I got a nice pair from Avon for less than a tenner. I LOVE them. They are like walking on a combination of sand and water, and do work your muscles.
I'd definitely go on to buy MBTs now. :)
I think i might check out some prices, thanks Louanne x

I bought a pair of MBT shoes earlier this year as they promise to reduce strain on arthritic knees. They take a while to get used to but I definitely felt the difference on my knees when walking in them. Now I've lost weight my feet are slimmer and I don't think they fit properly as they need to be snug to work :(

I bought a pair of MBTs after the praise that Carole gave about them. They are FANTASTIC! I would recommend you buy them from a decent shop though and not by mail-order. They MUST fit you correctly and it isn't worth saving a few quid otherwise you may land up with a useless pair of very expensive shoes. Go for them! xx

Hi

Ive not tried the MBT's but I live in my fit flops weather permitting. I had always struggled with flip flops and I have flat feet - but they are sooooooo comfortable and like Carole my legs and butt are very nicely toned even if I do say so myself!

So if you fancy a cheaper option, they are definately worth a try!

I bought a pair of MBTs after the praise that Carole gave about them. They are FANTASTIC! I would recommend you buy them from a decent shop though and not by mail-order. They MUST fit you correctly and it isn't worth saving a few quid otherwise you may land up with a useless pair of very expensive shoes. Go for them! xx

Accredited MBT retailers will not sell them online because they need to be fitted properly. In-store they can cost £150+ :( However, you can save yourself some money... I went and had a fitting, then ordered mine online for £50 less !

good idea rose!! are they roughly the same size as most shoes or do they come up a bit small?

Hi

Ive not tried the MBT's but I live in my fit flops weather permitting. I had always struggled with flip flops and I have flat feet - but they are sooooooo comfortable and like Carole my legs and butt are very nicely toned even if I do say so myself!

So if you fancy a cheaper option, they are definately worth a try!

My frustration with Fit Flops is that they're not adjustable... even now my feet have slimmed down my combination of high insteps and wide feet don't fit !

My frustration with Fit Flops is that they're not adjustable... even now my feet have slimmed down my combination of high insteps and wide feet don't fit !

Oh I see what you mean Rose! in contrast I have very bony flat feet so they suit me fine lol ;) things like flat pumps slip off my heels. Im guessing with MBT's I would have to go a size or half smaller?

Sounds an excellent idea though to try them in a shop and then buy online!

Great, thank you for that, very helpful indeed!

sketchers also do a shape up trainer too they are great x

i bet they are cheaper as well, the MBTs are quite a lot of money

Back