• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Training?????

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
Can anyone advise me when we can go on a cross trainer and vibro plate?I am 6 weeks post op and have been swimming since 4 weeks and walking daily but feel I need to up the training now as the skin is sagging quicker than I can tone it

I would say you would prob be Ok already on the cross trainer Linda, but remember, you are hardly taking in any cals at all at the minute so please don't over do it. Build up gradually. Maybe just start off with 5 min's a day and see how you feel.

As for the vibro plate - you'll think I'm daft now, but I'm sure I read somewhere that we shouldn't use them... I can't remember why though! Hopefully someone will come along and tell you that I'm wrong and that they have been using one with no probs.

Sadly though, I dont think either of these will help with loose skin.

I could always give Leslie a go on the vibro plate lol

yeahhhhh I'm off on my cross trainer now, if I'm honest I could probably only do 5 mins at the moment ;)

Hi,

I was told to take it fairly easy for the first few weeks and that you won't be healed internally for about 12 weeks. When I went to see Mr Ammori at 12 weeks though he was not impressed with that and told me that I needed to be doing regular and strenuous exercise - so that told me!

Just take it steady and build up gradually and if you get any pain speak to your team.

x

Perhaps see how it goes. The cross trainers are great for being zero impact but the arm movement may pull a little bit on your belly.

Can anyone advise me when we can go on a cross trainer and vibro plate?I am 6 weeks post op and have been swimming since 4 weeks and walking daily but feel I need to up the training now as the skin is sagging quicker than I can tone it

When I queried this I was told to wait for the all clear from Mr Khan at my 6 week check up.. Give Ana a quick call if you've already had yours. x

Just remember Linda that some people responding will have had had keyhole surgery whereas you had open so have a bit more healing going on......

I'd check with Ana as Terri suggests xxx

I was advised to hold off the exercise until after my six week check up, to be honest I couldn't have done anything anyway. I went swimming at four weeks and I honestly thought I was going to die afterwards!

Lol Leslie you do make me laugh at times ;)

I was advised by my gp it was ok to go swimming at 4 weeks but I took it really steady and only swam widths after half an hour I knew it was time to stop, I have been swimming nearly every other day but again only half an hour

I have been walking since the op but have upped this to 45 mins to an hour a day

I went on my cross trainer yesterday but with no restriction and after 3 mins it was enough I am so unfit lol

as for the vibro plate I had never heard that we couldn't use it, I will just have to put it on fleabay lol :) might just buy myself a nice new bike with the proceeds.

It is ok gp's saying exercise at 4 weeks is ok but until the body is healed both inside and out there is a risk and to be honest the gps now jack about the bypass. Mine for instance told me on days when I don't feel hungry or when things are aggravating my pouch, needs must and I should ensure I am eating my fruit and veg by pureeing them, (this was at 11 months post op). I really would adivise you to talk to ana or mr khan, you have been through a rough time and you are still not on a massive amount of calories and even though your body can survive on its stores it may go into starvation mode or even do yourself some internal damage. x

Back