• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update on how i am

Frosty

Hi all

I dont post so much now but ill still be about and let you know how im doing.

I started glicercide diabectic drug 6 weeks ago and i was worried it would make me put on wieght and indeed it has.

So as from the otherday ive stopped taking that and just tried to be more active.

And its working , for the past few years ive not done much ive been very lazy.
But now ive seemed to have found some get up and go, Im doing all the house work / gardening and what ever i can find todo . a little wieght training and walking the dog and i feel great.

I was worried that having the bypass was going to fail and i would still stay lazy but what a breath of fresh air to wake up oneday and feel i wanted more.

I still get the urge to have something sweet but ill get that under control soon and fingers crossed ill lose the extra half a stone ive gained and carry on with losing again.

And the good thing is i feel like i can answer the front door to people now as the house is clean :D:D:D:D

well best get on stairs need a shampoo

speak soon guys

enjoy the sun if you have it

Frosty, thanks for the update. And well done on getting active. It's within us all to change and make a positive difference to how we feel and act. So, you go hun! Rock it to the max! And do keep us updated! :hug99:

frosty well done on getting your health sorted in a way that works for you rather than trying lots of different meds. Keep up the good work :) excersicing regularly when its not something your used to doing is a difficult habit to get into

Heya Frosty!
It is great to hear how you are doing, and it is brilliant that you have got the exercise bug- that gives off natural endorphins and I always get a real 'buzz' from it when I go to the gym :whacky068: ...keep it up!!! hehehe :bliss:
:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

Hi Frosty good to hear from you, glad your getting sorted chick....I too am working my way through the house doing things something I never had the energy to do before just wish I had the money to keep up with me lol..xx

Hi Frosty, lovely to see you on here. Good for you managing your health. How far out are you now from your surgery? You've lost an amazing amount and with your healthy new attitude about exercise I am sure you will keep your weight down where you want it. I did a power clean of the house yesterday as we had guests coming over and man am I sore!! Who knew scrubbing and such could give you such a workout!!

Take care,
Nic:p

Hi Frosty, lovely to see you on here. Good for you managing your health. How far out are you now from your surgery?

Take care,
Nic:p

Hiya

I had my bypass on the 1st of april 2008 , so just over 1 year ago.

All has been great so far and if i had the choice again i would do it all over, except i would try and push it hard to be more active.
But im getting there and im surprised how normally i can eat now as long as i eat smaller portions.

But what has been a nice surprise since i stopped one of my diabetic drugs is my blood sugar is not bad at all. so i guess a little more wieght loss and ill be fixed.

Although i think i need my vit b12 injection maybe every 2 months as i feel very weak leaving it 3 months. But ill speak to the doc about that.
And also having a extra iron tablet every otherday helps.

Last night i had a chinese takeaway sweet and sour chicken and some crispy duck and my blood sugar was only 7.9 and normally it would rocket to the high teens.

well best go do the grass take care

Back