• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Transferring to private hospital

msunique

Due to the lack of beds here my surgeon has asked if I mind being transferred to a private hospital he operates at. I said I don't as I know the stress receiving that call saying your op has been cancelled.

So I will be moved in a few hours to a private room

How posh are you !!! Private room in a private hospital !

How lovely of you to be thinking of the next person to need your bed xxx

Me tooooo :) iv got my date for April 16th and it at a private hospital xx

go for it Debbie...its probably the hospital in harpenden..(the spire)very nice...

at least you will have your own room to er..release the gas..lol xx

I had my op at the Nuffield on the NHS cos I'd waited too long.

Because I had a duodenal switch I had to have my bowels cleared with 2 bottles of this foul Fleet stuff - and it certainly was Fleet!!!!!

It was lovely having a bathroom to myself so I could run to the loo and when required - and be able to phone home whenever as well!!

No snoring - only mine!! - what I wanted on the TV - bliss!!

Shame I only got consommee and youghurt to eat though!!

Hope all went well

xx

I am here and yes it is the spire Lisa and it's lovely the staff here are fantastic, and I haven't managed to release any gas yet! I wish it would start to escape as it us a little uncomfortable at times!

Angela I know how that phone call felt yesterday when I thought they were cancelling my op I was mortified so for me to recover in luxury was the least I can do, mr whitelaw operates here too and he came to see me when I arrived and has let me drink tea too ok it's without the milk but at the l&d it was water only lol

I got a room in the private wing of the hospital I had my op - complete with ensuite bathroom and a balcony. It was good :D
Enjoy it to the max, and happy healing :)

I know what you mean about the food I have seen the menu and yum! But also a coffee to buy is only 40p and a sandwich 60p so they don't rip off visitors either like the nhs

And I bet you get upgraded at the airport too - some people are sooooo Jammy !!
'Enjoy' every minute of it, and all the best for the op.

Glad you're doing ok and hope you have a speedy recovery - mind you in that luxury you may want to stay lol But without any pain or complication of course! x

Thanks the pain isn't too bad I am a little uncomfortable but not in agony or anything nasty, the nurses here were surprised I have had my op they say I look to well lol so hopefully that's a good footing for me to tolerate lots if things more quickly

How are you feeling this morning. Good and pampered I hope!

Back