• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trapped wind, sickness and runs?!

xkimmie

Anyone have this after an operation?! Haven't had wls but had an op on Monday and in so much pain :,( have hardly slept because if trapped wind! I can feel it moving down through my intestines and don't know what to do :,( tried windeze doesn't work :,)

Wind pain is miserable... keep moving around and rotating your arms too... try peppermint tea... it takes a while to work through your system... hope you get relief soon... xxx

wow theyre getting popular thes designer vs arnt they, but i guess if its episiotomy re sorting, its more essential than cosmetic isnt it, i bet its sore as well, hope you feel better soon huni, hot drinks tend to move through quicker than cold ones, and might bring some relief, so peppermint tea, will do great. hugs xxx

Oh poor you. Trapped wind is so common after surgery though. I had everything you've described & nothing would shift/stop it. I just kept walking around & eventually the wind went ...so much so my pj bottoms fell down as my tummy deflated! Lol. The bowel issues took about 4 weeks to settle for me. Don't panic...it will all pass x

It was more for pain relief then cosmetic :( I had alot of awful scar tissue and couldn't feel anything down there, also had an extra hole ect so had to have sonething done :(

Pain seems to be going as in trapped wind but my god the pain down there is awful!! Like ita on fire :(

hiya i was prescribed mintec peppermint capsules hope this helps hope it settles soon iv had a lot of bottom problems since my opp but i think its settling down a bit nowi had terrible runns and sore bottom and found out i had a farmer gile owwch very painfull xxx

Been given buscopan which seems to of helped! My ibs been playing up :( not had runs today but got belly ache and started bleeding pink blood (is this normal?!) and have still got trapped wind but not as bad :) just very sore and ouch!! :(

glad the buscapen is helping huni, gosh once this lot has settled down youll feel great wont u, it sounds horrific what was wrong with u. pink blood? do u have piles, or have u been straining, thats the only thing i can think of that would cause bleeding, keep an eye on it, and see doctor if it carries on. are u sure its coming from there and not from op site. i really hope it all settles down soon for you huni. hugs xxx

dawny said:
glad the buscapen is helping huni, gosh once this lot has settled down youll feel great wont u, it sounds horrific what was wrong with u. pink blood? do u have piles, or have u been straining, thats the only thing i can think of that would cause bleeding, keep an eye on it, and see doctor if it carries on. are u sure its coming from there and not from op site. i really hope it all settles down soon for you huni. hugs xxx

Think from op site tbh is it normal to bleed a little?

Started having tea tree baths today lol ouch!

Yeah I can't wait to feel normal! It's driving me mad! And where my stitches are feels like I need pooh all the time lol

ano i was really worried when i started to bleed but doc said it was from the pile i neva knew i had until after surgery when i had very loose bott i would go to doc and let them take a look its peace of mind for you take care xx

Good luck at the docs and keep us posted.

Love and hugs xxx

Been docs :)

My stitches are pulling so I have a little "pocket" where it istnt pulled fully together :( but she said as long as I rest rest rest it will heal in a couple of weeks. She's gave me some antibiotics and some stole softners lol but she said it looks better :)

was gonna say huni, i would imagine it is normal to bleed a little from op site, its better coming away than staying there and causing probs. i suppose its just giving it time to heal now isnt it, but when your sore, specially in a sensitive area, it always seems worse dosnt it, at least when uve had stitches when youve had a baby, you have summat to take your mind off it. it will all be worth it though huni. take it easy, hugs xx

Glad you are getting support from your GP. It's early days, rest and relax as much as you can... hoping all will settle down with time and healing.

Love and hugs xxx

Back