• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trapped Wind

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
I thought that being a year out I had experienced true trapped wind...until tonight!!! I had a jippy tummy this morning and my tummy was a bit achey but then this afternoon my tummy suddenly became very swollen and very painful, the pain was really quite astounding, my Tom was scared for me and we were out shopping and he was like "do I need to take you to hospital? Are you having a gastric rupture or something?" because I was literally gasping with pain, we finished the shopping and came home, though I couldnt stand up straight. Anyway, an hour or so later and he decided that he wanted to go and watch the local firework display and I went with him, I decided that the walk would maybe help to shift a bit of the trapped wind (I had decided at that point that it was this) and so out we went, the pain was getting terrible again and luckily the display finished and we came home. On the walk home I started doing little burps so when I came home I had a wind pill (cant recall the name now) and over the last few hours it has gradually gotten better and now it is just an ache with the odd sharp pain, but it is 80% better.
What I have considered to be trapped wind before now obviously wasnt, because this time it REALLLLLLLLLLLY hurt, it was horrible pain. Not quite sure why it happened but Im hoping it doesnt happen too much more.
Annnnnnyway, thought I would share that.
Steph xx

ouch !! do you think you might have got some sort of a bug ? im not looking forward to the trapped wind bit xx

steph this happened to me a few wks bk hun its horrendous isnt it i couldnt stand up straight either but i knew mine was trapped wind coz id had it before pre op i suffer with quite a bit of wind hence my nikname windy miller hahahaha but yeh it is that painfull u do wonder about goin the hosp but walking around as much as you can does help or even going up and down the stairs a few times and placing a hot water bottle on ya tummy helps too unfortunatley mine took all through the night to go but hubby got a surprise when i got out of bed in the morning coz i didnt burp mine out hahahahaha what a wake up call he had hehehehehehehehe pmsl

Awwww Steph... that sounds awful... is it attributed to something you have eaten or could you have pulled a muscle doing something?

I do hope you have this under control today.. it's a frightening experience to have pain onset at that level and I hope you are able to blow the lot away Angel...

Take it steady and thinking of you precious xxx

Last edited:
Are you ok now Stephie? That sounds frighteningly like my experience, and at first I thought it was trapped wind. I'm absolutely NOT trying to scare you: the opposite in fact.

How you know something more serious is going on is you get 'referred pain' up to the shoulder tips.
Big hugs. xxxxxx

Aww thanks for the concern guys xx
I took a Deflatine last night and within a couple of hours the pain had eased and I just had niggles. Been okay today, no real pain or anything, just the usual bypassers gas lol
Im all good now :)
Steph xx

Its horrific isnt it? I hate it. I got it the other night after a sugar low (I passed out) and had to neck lots of lucozade....I have been told that true trapped wind it worse than labour so Im hoping thats true. Its horrific and hun I totally understand what your went through. I ended up at A and E the first time as I was so scared...now I know what it is and to have windeze and walk round!

Hugs hun - its horrifically horrific! xx

I'm no softie & gave birth to my youngest son (10lb 2oz) with no pain relief, not out of choice though I hasten to add ;).
BUT, after my op I was literally in tears with trapped wind. I had Mark rubbing my back but it honestly felt like I was being repeatedly stabbed!!!!!

Oh Steph I'm so glad to read your post as I've just posted a similar one. Really sorry to hear about the pain but glad it's gone. I've had pain all week. Living off windeze at moment but they're only helping a little. Really scared it's something more x

I hope its just wind for you, I was thrilled when it was for me, I didnt know that wind could cause that much pain, it was horrible.
If it doesnt pass soon after all of those wind pills I would get checked out.
Steph xx

Back